Ordered a PEYTON! Am I CRAZY??? HELP!!!

Mar 3, 2008
Ok, I caved and order a green Peyton yesterday. It is a bag I have liked since the beginning but decided it was in NO WAY in my price range. I was going to wait for a PCE (if I ever got one at all) but the girl talked me into it by saying they might be sold out by the time the PCE comes out before Christmas IF they're not excluded also. My black/white Carly was tearing up so I returned it to the boutique yesterday for credit. I am SOOO nervous to receive the Peyton because I....might LIKE it! I have never seen in IRL. I don't know if I'm going to be comfortable having or carrying (for that matter) a $800 bag! I am sooo nervous. I could get TWO bags for the price of the one! I have a habit of always wondering what else is coming out....is there going to be something I might like better.

I want a satchel that the straps are long enough to wear on my shoulder and I was told the Peyton is. I tried the Hamptons satchel yesterday and it is long engough, but not much structure in the bag and no interesting colors. Any suggestions??? The bags have to have umph for me to like them (color, details, etc.). I'm not much of a solid leather girl even if it is a snazzy color, because they don't have much personality IMO. The only thing that is selling the Peyton for me is the retro-structure feel of the bag and the two-tone colors. HELP!

Nancy in VA

Bal & Legacy Lover
O.G.
Aug 21, 2006
The Peyton is the only current bag that I would want. Someone on here has it in a fushia like color and it looks so nice. The green is really unique. I know - it does cost a lot but might be worth it!

alpine1972

Oct 11, 2006
I've never seen a Peyton IRL, but I like the look of the printed crocodile one online.

I hope you love it once you have it in your hands. I know what you mean about the sticker shock. I purchased my first "over 3K" bag in February and it took me a couple of weeks to actually use it because I kept thinking about returning it but, believe me, I got over it. Like divadivine said, I just kept telling myself I deserved it. :tup:

Firefly32

O.G.
Jul 20, 2008
When the bag arrives you will know instantly if you love or not! Hopefully you will, looks like a nice bag! If your not feeling it when it arrives the bag will probably not grow on you and you can always take it back.

bunnymasseuse

BunniesN'DaSun
O.G.
May 8, 2008
I've also been considering the peyton but if you are looking for a peyton look bag w/o the price tag there is a made-for-retail but never made it similar version as a work hamptons bag w/ a slot for a smaller laptop... it's 248$ or so I saw at the factory today...

but honestly, I think you will love it, and come to grips with the $ and use it and love it as you have your other bags :smile:

baglady39

L E G A C Y
O.G.
Sep 15, 2007
Congrats, but I hope you don't think the green is two tone. THe stock photo is WRONG...it is of a prototype bag that was never made. I just saw the green Peyton, and it is all one color! It's still very beautiful and is on my list for next PCE if it's not excluded. I hope you love it!!

Mar 3, 2008
I've also been considering the peyton but if you are looking for a peyton look bag w/o the price tag there is a made-for-retail but never made it similar version as a work hamptons bag w/ a slot for a smaller laptop... it's 248$ or so I saw at the factory todayquote]

Huh???? Is this something that can be ordered or only bought at the outlets? If outlet, that is not an option for me -- I don't live near one. If a boutique purchase, what is the style number?

Mar 3, 2008
Congrats, but I hope you don't think the green is two tone. THe stock photo is WRONG...it is of a prototype bag that was never made. I just saw the green Peyton, and it is all one color! It's still very beautiful and is on my list for next PCE if it's not excluded. I hope you love it!!

Yeah, I thought the actual bag was grass green and the trim around the pockets was a 'lime' shade. It's not??? I may not like it as much now. The two tones gave it personality in my opinion. Reminded me of the small Legacy Boutique 'box purse' that was on the internet in several different colors options: white w/turquise, green w/lime, etc.

What makes the Peyton a $798 bag???