Order your favorite Hermes Birkin leathers from most fav to least!

My answer...it depends... For me each bag stands on its own..."magic" depends on leather/color/size/style/HW in combination...

I expected to LOVE swift...but...fortunately...the large Alaska store had several swift Kelly bags on display and I quickly learned this was not my own best match...although I would not rule it out w/o seeing it in a Birkin as well...because I might just need a bit more structure/seaming to the leather to enjoy... I have seen bags I LOVED in togo and those I did not care for... East Alaska is such a great place to investigate leather...color...etc... Both in the store and on the street...

All the leathers have good points, it depends on your list, a top ten list of leathers for water-reistance might look a lot different to a list of best leathers for wallets or which is the lightest leather or which leather is best for bright colours. I think it is too difficult to have one definitive list; a favourite leather is often not the same one for all your Hermes goodies. I have bags in vache liegee, box and clemence and I love them all, I have accessories in barenia, chevre, veau rodeo, togo etc, I couldn't begin to have a favourite. Try and see, touch, feel and smell as many leathers as you can in different colours and in different style bags, one of them will sing to you for a particular item. Good Luck and have fun researching.

My answer...it depends... For me each bag stands on its own..."magic" depends on leather/color/size/style/HW in combination...

SoCal, I sooooo agree with you! I adore togo and clemence on casual bags. Swift looks and feels amazing on my Garden Party tote. Small, brightly colored bags look great in chevre. I would love ostrich some day. And so on and so on and so on!