Order help..is this normal??

Nikky10

Jan 28, 2013
I ordered a mini tanner online and received it today. I assumed that ordering online would result in it coming from a fulfillment center not a store. The bag I received has two small but noticeable gouges on the back as well as wear on the corners. Maybe I'm too picky but I expected the bag I ordered to be a new one, not one that may have been a floor sample, as I'm assuming this was. This is my first online order from coach so I'm wondering if everyone's orders come from random stores around the country or just some of them.

I ordered a mini tanner online and received it today. I assumed that ordering online would result in it coming from a fulfillment center not a store. The bag I received has two small but noticeable gouges on the back as well as wear on the corners. Maybe I'm too picky but I expected the bag I ordered to be a new one, not one that may have been a floor sample, as I'm assuming this was. This is my first online order from coach so I'm wondering if everyone's orders come from random stores around the country or just some of them.

Sometimes they will send an item from a store, not sure why. I just got part of my order from a store also. Just call them and/or return it.

If they have it in the warehouse, it will come from JAX. If not, it will come from a store. I'd return it. If you'd still like one have your store call a store that has one and have them check it before you buy it. That's not picky, it's new and should be perfect.

This isnt the first thread about this very thing. Makes me wary of ordering from coach online.

If it came from a store, that likely means it's out of stock in the JAX warehouse. This has happened with a handful of my items. If you want a replacement, it will likely come from another store.

I have had this happen to me before as well. I ordered from coach.com, and they were shipped out of a store. One bag clearly wasn't new; all of the wrapping had been removed from the handles and hardware. The zipper on it was also really sticky (i.e., it didn't move smoothly). The other bag looked the same as if it had been shipped from the warehouse. I returned the one that didn't look new. It didn't have any damage, but I still expect to have brand new items.
Good luck!

I know how you feel. If you don't feel happy with your purchase, don't hesitate to return it.

My Robin City Tote came from a store but was in great condition. I did get my shipping waived because it was supposed to arrive overnight but didnt. I asked why it was still online and they said orders were being fulfilled from stores but a shipment was due in soon.

I ordered some of the new flip flops last week. They came in from JAX yesterday, although they are SUPER cute, they had black finger prints on them. It looks like somebody had ink on their hands while touching them. I called and they sent me a return lable right away!

I ordered a wallet that was out of stock everywhere, including JX, except for one store that had 2. I spoke with the SA at that store and she assured me the one she was shipping me was "new" and "wrapped in the back". Well I received the "new" wallet only to find someone's dry cleaning receipt in one of the pockets. The receipt actually had that person's name and telephone number on it:nuts::woot::nuts:. My fp store was horrified and took it back and I ended up buying a totally different wallet.

You never know.......

I ordered a wallet that was out of stock everywhere, including JX, except for one store that had 2. I spoke with the SA at that store and she assured me the one she was shipping me was "new" and "wrapped in the back". Well I received the "new" wallet only to find someone's dry cleaning receipt in one of the pockets. The receipt actually had that person's name and telephone number on it:nuts::woot::nuts:. My fp store was horrified and took it back and I ended up buying a totally different wallet.

You never know.......

I was in Macy's once and a woman was returning a bag and said she never used it. The SA went through all the pockets to make sure nothing was in them... and she finds a DIAMOND RING! So a) yeah right not used???? and b ) Wouldn't mind finding that

I have ordered a few handbags direct from Coach CS or online. I have yet to receive one that had the hardware or anything still wrapped with tissue. Does that mean they were a return or something?

One was a textured cement/blk duffle and I had seen the textured leather before. This leather was not good...it makes me wonder if people aren't that picky or if they ever look at the bags before shipping.