order cancelled by Nordstrom after 2 weeks

ChloeSS

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
I order a longchamp bag from Nordstrom on 3rd Jan... i followed up with their online chat 2 times and they told me since the item will ship from a store, there might be some delay. A few days later, they told me the item is shipped but the store didnt upload the tracking... a days after that, I got an email to confirm the bag is shipped.

today, i received email from their rep to follow up my enquiry, I told the rep I need the tracking info. But... on her respond, she said the item has been stucked in the system and now they are out of stock for the particular item, she issued a refund to me.

I requested to pay the same amount for a different color, does that sound reasonable? I really don know how their system work!! 2 of their staff assured my item is shipped !!

I had Nordstrom cancel a pre-order item on me last month. Since it was pre-order I have no idea how they even ran out but I was SO bummed. By the time they cancelled it it had sold out everywhere else so that put a pretty sour taste in my mouth about ordering from their website.

I chatted with the online rep, he can't confirm whether the shop has shipped or not. but he said if there is no tracking no, most likely they never process it. Luckily, he agreed to price match another color for me.

still.. i am not sure how can they accepted my order if they ran out of stock.

The last order I placed with Nordstrom was a nightmare. It was for my RED Valentino denim bow satchel. One store didn't have it so they were supposed to call another store to order and ship it. Called the first store a couple days later for tracking, there was no record. Called the store that the first one was supposed to contact to process the order, they had no record. Had to call customer service, who also saw no record at that time of my card being charged for the original order, so the rep placed an order for me. A couple days later I came home to TWO boxes and my card of course had been charged twice. Of course in the midst of all this according to their website the bag had sold out. Ridiculous!

I was going to complain about the same thing but with Neiman Marcus! Yesterday was the second time they cancelled an order of mine but when you look at the item I ordered it still says IN STOCK and of course i had a code that gave me an extra discount. I talked to 2 different people on the live chat last night but it didnt help! It was Elizabeth and James blouse I REALLY wanted!!! UGH!!! Not HAPPY with them right now!!

I've had so many orders cancelled from Nords lately, but then again I've been keeping an eye on quite a few designer items, waiting for them to hit 60-70% off so it's not really a surprise. I do wish they could make a few tweaks/improvements to their site, though, so there would be fewer cancellations/stock problems.