Home & Garden Orchid plant help...

blueorchid

Dec 22, 2012
My orchid plant has a few leaves that are wilting. How can I save it?? Do I peel off the plant of leave it?

I put 3 ice cubes every week. It gets sunlight (most as it can get due to winter & cloudy weather). The room temp is fine but it's a little dry. The roots look mostly green, some parts are grey. Should I give it more water now? I'm afraid to overwater it, but not sure how to save the plant.

My friend grows orchids and she uses a hot air humidifier in the room her orchards grow in. She has the most beautiful plants. I think she buys a special orchid food too. Some of hers have looked bad at times but they always come back. I think overwatering is bad for them. Is their a orchid society website online that may give you information or even a place to post a question?

I love orchids but can't keep them alive. I actually put myself on an orchid ban because I've wasted too much money on them over the years. I might just lift the ban and try the humidifier idea :smile: Thank for the tip gillianna!

Um, I have grown orchids for the last 7 years and the last time I watered was about 3 weeks ago :-s In the winter, they probably do not need water every week.

I keep my orchids in my bathroom - lots of steam from showers for it - and it sits by a window so it gets some muted sunshine. I fed it last month and won't feed it again until the end of April, I think.

When it gets too much water (from my daughter trying to help), its leaves start to yellow and dry up. I daresay, your plant is getting too much water based on the info you shared. Just leave it be for a while. Give it 2 to 3 weeks before the next watering and see how it does. I would not peel off any leaves, that could prove stressful to the plant. Instead, allow any struggling leaves to simply fall off eventually or at least wait until they are truly crispy to nip off.

Okay, will pay attention to this thread to learn any additional tips from others. Good luck!