Orchid Drop Bag

alisonanna

O.G.
Aug 29, 2006
Here are some pics of a cute little orchid drop bag, LOVE the color :love:!

Unfortunately, the strap length really doesn't work for me. For me it needs about 8 more inches. If anyone has any suggestions for lengthening it, let me know! Has anyone ever had BV change a strap? I tried a bag charm that I have, but it didn't really add enough. I also tried straps from other bags, but this bag has one side permanently attached, so that doesn't really work either. It looks nice doubled, but not for everyday use.

I like the size and the shape, but I would like it to hit at the hip. It would also be good for more formal occasions than I was planning.

Does anyone have this bag and have any input? Do you find the strap length great once you get used to it?

asst012.jpg

asst014.jpg

It has a vintage vibe like many in the early fall collection. Vintage always catches my eye. I know what you mean about the strap length--I often need something longer than most people.

I love orchid--so cheerful!

Could you get a BV orchid lanyard (the long braided loop/strap with a clasp at the end) and attach it via the pre-existing clasp on the bag?

I have the lanyard (in ottone), and I just measured it. It looks like if you could attach it, it would add about 18.5 inches of length (from the loop end to the clasp). That might be more than what you want, though.

I have this bag in Turbulence, it is (to my surprise) one of my fav BV bags I own. Originally, I bought it for casual nights out or supermarket errants etc. but it is so prefect to just grab and go, it is actually one of my most used bag. It fits the essentials- mobile phone, small wallet/zip around coin purse, sunglasses, keys etc. And I love how you can change the strap length! I mostly carry it with double strap-but when I need to, I can instantly carry it on my shoulder too.

That being said, if you are looking for a bag that can be carried crossed-body,this isn't the bag for you.

thanks everyone! was I hoping for some enabling? :graucho:

blueiris - the lanyard idea is a great idea, maybe I'll call around to see if there are any left in orchid
what color hardware is on lanyards? I can't find them on the new website

I do think it would be a very useable, grab-and-go bag if I can get it right, I like the size and I do like the vintage vibe

blueiris - the lanyard idea is a great idea, maybe I'll call around to see if there are any left in orchid
what color hardware is on lanyards? I can't find them on the new website

I do think it would be a very useable, grab-and-go bag if I can get it right, I like the size and I do like the vintage vibe

I think the hardware color varies with the leather. My ottone lanyard has brass hardware that looks like the hardware on your bag. I don't remember what color the hardware is on orchid, offhand, but I think the hardware on the anemone was a silver/rhodium type.

Another idea would be an orchid long mobile phone strap, which is like the long key lanyard but without the hardware--just the little nylon loop to thread onto a device. I suppose you could loop one end and clip the free end? I think these came in orchid, too, but I'm not certain. I do know that it came in a truffle/orchid multi, but that might break up the color too much.

I hope you find something that works for you!