Orange Lambskin Jumbo for my First Chanel?

Qteepiec

Nov 2, 2011
Hello ladies! I am finally going to take the plunge and purchase my first Chanel. I was looking at getting a Chanel Boy Medium in the Orange. This being my first Chanel, I decided on getting a jumbo flap instead for its classic style. I saw the black at NM but I like fun bright colors. I also figured that I may be able to get a black Chanel second hand. The SA is now calling 17 stores to find the Chanel jumbo in orange lambskin for me. Any advise for this newbie?? Style? Leather type? Size? I'm 37 years old and petite st 5'0 but I don't mind large bags.

Orange sounds like a fun color! I'd personally prefer the jumbo in caviar leather but only if it's a daily bag. I do think colored flaps look really nice in lamb though [emoji51] jumbo is my favorite size and I'm also pretty petite and I think it still looks nice on. As long as you're happy with the shade of orange it turns out to be then I say go for it! hardware is another thing to consider. I think gold or silver would be stunning on an orange bag.

The SA said that the Orange is only in lambskin. I'm not sure what color caviar is available. Haha it's been two hours and still no phone call. Fingers crossed I get what I like.

I love orange. It's one of my favorite colors so if your comfortable with bright, big splashes of color than go for it. I too love big bags but to me the jumbo is too heavy so make sure you're ok with its weight.

Reactions: Qteepiec
Ladies, if it's not obvious, I'm a Chanel newbie. So the actual Orange I saw at the NM Chanel boutique was the small Boy bag. The color, I fell IN LOVE BUT...Being my first Chanel purchase, I figure i should go with a classic flap in jumbo. So the SA told me he would locate an Orange Cruise line Jumbo for me. After reading other posts for Cruise 2017, I have a feeling that what the SA is talking about is the Red GHW Jumbo. Has anyone seen this in person? I love red too. I read that it looks red-orange. Thoughts on those that have seen this beauty in person?

I LOVE orange bags! I have an orange patent flap from a couple years ago. Pretty sure I saw a picture of a spring medium to dark -ish orange lamb that's out, that's the color that is coming to mind right now (and I kinda remember the buyer saying the box or tag says red but it's definitely orange, I've seen that before with Chanel btw). Anyway, I think someone has posted it here in a mini, it's very very nice. I would be a little skeptical to get lamb in a jumbo in a color other than black, but I haven't had my hands on this color and this seasons lamb, if it's the same color i'm thinking of the lamb definitely seemed a little tougher looking in the pictures, really cool actually. Good luck :smile:

I love bright colors and am excited about someone getting and orange Chanel!!

I think you need to get the bag you really love. If you want the orange in the Boy, get it. An orange Chanel isn't going to "hold value" as well as other more neutral colors. So when you start playing with more unusual colors and fabrics you really need to make sure you are truly crazy about the bag. Perhaps you can have your SA have both the orange Boy and orange flap available for you for viewing side by side. Then you can make your decision after seeing them together.

Even though I'm a true classic flap loving girl, I actually tend to like the Boy for more unique colors, combos, fabrics better than the classic flap. I just bought a gold Chanel Boy and muuuuuuch preferred her over gold flaps.

And you're right. If you are willing to buy preloved (as I often like to do) there are a ton of like new (or even new) black flaps of every combo you can think of on the resale market. You may have to be a little patient to find yours but it will be out there.

Please pick photos of whatever you decide to get!

Ok update. My bag arrived BUT it was the Jumbo Red with GHW CHEVRON not quilted. The look in my face was disappointed. I stayed at Neiman's for an hour trying on other bags. I was in love with a Bright Blue Boy Medium with Gold hardware in lambskin quilted BUT it had an inch long scratch on the leather so I didn't want to take it home.

I ended up bringing home a caviar blue medium boy with GHW. I'm NOT in love with it. The color is not as bright and I prefer the shiny gold hardware.

I had another option for a Jumbo black caviar with silver hardware. I would have liked it with GHW.

This is my first Chanel. Thoughts? Suggestions? Am I just being too picky??

I'm 5'0 110lbs and I do like the size of the medium boy on me. Also, why didn't my bag come wrapped in Chanel Ribbon with the flower? Is it because I took home the Boy and not a Classic?

I'm so sad.. my first Chanel moment was not magical.

IMG_1486004193.277942.jpg

Lovely bag! Sad to hear your first bag was not magical - it certainly should have been. It should also definitely have been wrapped.
If you like the bag, keep it! Love for a bag also 'grows' as we use and make memories with them. BUT being COMPLETELY honest, I would have gone with the Black Jumbo for my first, even with SHW (or perhaps you could wait for GHW?) then buy a bright Boy for your second?
You should be in LOVE with your first bag!

Lovely bag! Sad to hear your first bag was not magical - it certainly should have been. It should also definitely have been wrapped.
If you like the bag, keep it! Love for a bag also 'grows' as we use and make memories with them. BUT being COMPLETELY honest, I would have gone with the Black Jumbo for my first, even with SHW (or perhaps you could wait for GHW?) then buy a bright Boy for your second?
You should be in LOVE with your first bag!

Thank you for your honesty. I know I should have loved it at first sight. I think I'm just overwhelmed with options. I initially liked the orangey-red looking Red Cruise 2017 Boy with GHW but it was available in small. I then thought the same color Red GHW Jumbo should be my first. That's what I thought was ordered. I bought it without seeing it.

Blue caviar Boy seems edgy yet practical. I kept this bag on for about half an hour at the store.

My SA wasn't working today. As cheesy as it seems, I think that if this Boy was nicely gift-wrapped and presented to me in a luxurious way, it would seal the deal for me keeping it. The SA working was sweet but I think she feels I'm just going to return it so she threw it in a bag and in a box into a plain shopping Neimans bag.

Thank you for your honesty. I know I should have loved it at first sight. I think I'm just overwhelmed with options. I initially liked the orangey-red looking Red Cruise 2017 Boy with GHW but it was available in small. I then thought the same color Red GHW Jumbo should be my first. That's what I thought was ordered. I bought it without seeing it.

Blue caviar Boy seems edgy yet practical. I kept this bag on for about half an hour at the store.

My SA wasn't working today. As cheesy as it seems, I think that if this Boy was nicely gift-wrapped and presented to me in a luxurious way, it would seal the deal for me keeping it. The SA working was sweet but I think she feels I'm just going to return it so she threw it in a bag and in a box into a plain shopping Neimans bag.
Congrats on the bag! It's absolutely gorgeous! But i agree with the other ladies, return if it doesn't make your heart pound :smile:
Also, Neimans doesn't generally wrap it pretty with a boy and camelia (I could be wrong about other NM's though, maybe only mine is like this). Only Chanel boutiques will do the full Chanel shopping bag, ribbon and flower.

IMG_1486309920.981715.jpg
IMG_1486309935.700900.jpg

So I went back to NM yesterday with my Boy in tow to try it on again with more bags. My SA said that he located a Black Caviar Jumbo GHW. I tried it on and it made me swoon BUT I think I've already fallen in love with the Boy.. I didn't want to give it up. What if I don't get another opportunity for a dark blue caviar with GHW? I may get the Jumbo as my next purchase.

Plus my SA re-wrapped my Boy in a magnetic box with ribbon and flower!! I did my happy dance leaving the store..

Reactions: Passau and deb68nc