Orange Is The New Black - Netflix

That must have been fun. I think Laura Prepon is beautiful even in prison; I can only imagine what she looks like irl.

Kate Mulgrew was quite a looker in her day. I remember being so shocked seeing her in season one.

It was very fun! I run home to NYC every once in a while and I love to catch events like this. Chamber Doll is exactly right. Laura's complexion with that dark hair is just gorgeous. Very striking. TV doesn't do her justice.

Kate Mulgrew looked good. Very blonde and obviously the elder statesman of the group. A lot of the girls commented on her experience and career longevity. And she gave compliments right back to them.

Samira is just as gorgeous and little in person. Although, she's taller than I thought she was. There's not much too her but it's not like she's not there. She's just a beautiful girl.

Natasha calmed her hair WAY down. I'm sure there are pics online but I kind of like the crazy hair on the show better than her straight with bangs look.
And Taylor and Danielle looked the same to me although Danielle was in costume for her Color Purple gig. She didn't stay the whole time because she had a show.

And Uzo is the sweetest most uncomfortable two time Emmy winner I've ever seen. You can tell this is all still very new to her but she was just on it with class and manners through out the whole thing.

Very cool to see them all in their own skin and in person. If you ever get a chance, it was a neat experience for an hour and a half.

And I second the early release of Season 5! I accidentally crashed my car this morning so I am home bound for the next two weeks while it gets repaired. I think Orange is about to be on my tv for the forseeable future. Season 4 was the first season I am really looking forward to watching again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chamber Doll
It was very fun! I run home to NYC every once in a while and I love to catch events like this. Chamber Doll is exactly right. Laura's complexion with that dark hair is just gorgeous. Very striking. TV doesn't do her justice.

Kate Mulgrew looked good. Very blonde and obviously the elder statesman of the group. A lot of the girls commented on her experience and career longevity. And she gave compliments right back to them.

Samira is just as gorgeous and little in person. Although, she's taller than I thought she was. There's not much too her but it's not like she's not there. She's just a beautiful girl.

Natasha calmed her hair WAY down. I'm sure there are pics online but I kind of like the crazy hair on the show better than her straight with bangs look.
And Taylor and Danielle looked the same to me although Danielle was in costume for her Color Purple gig. She didn't stay the whole time because she had a show.

And Uza is the sweetest most uncomfortable two time Emmy winner I've ever seen. You can tell this is all still very new to her but she was just on it with class and manners through out the whole thing.

Very cool to see them all in their own skin and in person. If you ever get a chance, it was a neat experience for an hour and a half.

And I second the early release of Season 5! I accidentally crashed my car this morning so I am home bound for the next two weeks while it gets repaired. I think Orange is about to be on my tv for the forseeable future. Season 4 was the first season I am really looking forward to watching again.
Firstly, hope you're okay, that's horrible about your car! That must've been amazing, I always find cast interviews interesting, I like seeing how similar the actors/actresses are to the characters they play. I sometimes wish Netflix released an episode a week of OITNB so I could have it last throughout the summer, a year long wait is just cruel!

Firstly, hope you're okay, that's horrible about your car! That must've been amazing, I always find cast interviews interesting, I like seeing how similar the actors/actresses are to the characters they play. I sometimes wish Netflix released an episode a week of OITNB so I could have it last throughout the summer, a year long wait is just cruel!

Amen!! I was thinking the same thing. I hate to binge but have to so I avoid spoilers. One a week would be awesome!!

I would honestly say in just that hour that Taylor is about the same, Kate is a commanding presence but less harsh (sometimes), Laura is the same but a gentler version of Alex, Danielle has more of an ego than Taystee or maybe less insecure is more accurate, Samira is the same intelligent sweetheart, Natasha more calm, and Uzo is obviously the complete opposite.

Uzo had a great insight into Suzanne. She said she plays her as never intending any harm just like a kid who doesn't know any better yet. Her over enthusiasm to do good and make welcome becomes overzealous and leads to bad things unintentionally happening to people she cares about.

Reactions: gelbergirl
Amen!! I was thinking the same thing. I hate to binge but have to so I avoid spoilers. One a week would be awesome!!

I would honestly say in just that hour that Taylor is about the same, Kate is a commanding presence but less harsh (sometimes), Laura is the same but a gentler version of Alex, Danielle has more of an ego than Taystee or maybe less insecure is more accurate, Samira is the same intelligent sweetheart, Natasha more calm, and Uzo is obviously the complete opposite.

Uzo had a great insight into Suzanne. She said she plays her as never intending any harm just like a kid who doesn't know any better yet. Her over enthusiasm to do good and make welcome becomes overzealous and leads to bad things unintentionally happening to people she cares about.
That's really interesting about Taylor and Alex, I thought Natasha would still be a little more wild though but obviously not with the addict-like tendencies. This show is so easy to binge watch, I think it took me 3 days[emoji15]

That's really interesting about Taylor and Alex, I thought Natasha would still be a little more wild though but obviously not with the addict-like tendencies. This show is so easy to binge watch, I think it took me 3 days[emoji15]

Someone asked Natasha about her real life addiction history especially with that cornfield scene they had to do and the person was also brave enough to say in front of the whole room that she also had struggled with her own drug issues. Natasha was very calm and very real that she has dealt with those those issues in real life and felt that the prison system should treat instead of punish people with jail sentences.

That reminds me of one of the funniest parts of the panel that was about that scene where apparently Natasha (Nicky)and Laura (Alex) were experts on holding what they held in the cornfield while Taylor (Piper) had to be taught to do what she was doing. At one point she had it upside down and was in awe that others knew exactly what to do and how. :smile:

Someone asked Natasha about her real life addiction history especially with that cornfield scene they had to do and the person was also brave enough to say in front of the whole room that she also had struggled with her own drug issues. Natasha was very calm and very real that she has dealt with those those issues in real life and felt that the prison system should treat instead of punish people with jail sentences.

That reminds me of one of the funniest parts of the panel that was about that scene where apparently Natasha (Nicky)and Laura (Alex) were experts on holding what they held in the cornfield while Taylor (Piper) had to be taught to do what she was doing. At one point she had it upside down and was in awe that others knew exactly what to do and how. :smile:
I appreciate when people have the courage to be real and talk about issues like that, especially when they've personally been impacted but are able to do it in a way that shows it's possible to overcome these struggles instead of complaining about how it hinders them. In regards to the bolded part, that is too funny, did you find Taylor Schilling to have the same annoying aura as Piper? I seriously wish I could've been there, I've never really though much about attending these events!

I appreciate when people have the courage to be real and talk about issues like that, especially when they've personally been impacted but are able to do it in a way that shows it's possible to overcome these struggles instead of complaining about how it hinders them. In regards to the bolded part, that is too funny, did you find Taylor Schilling to have the same annoying aura as Piper? I seriously wish I could've been there, I've never really though much about attending these events!

Taylor came across to me as very nice and sweet but guarded. There was a segment where the audience could ask questions and this girl got up and totally fanned out over her. It was comical and cringeworthy at the same time. Taylor tried to help her out by telling her she was okay several times and to just calm down. It was a funny moment and the girl did get it together and made a lovely speech about how wonderful she thought Taylor was as an actress and how she thought she deserved an Emmy. It ended up being a very sweet moment and Taylor actually teared up and thanked the girl for getting the courage to come up and tell her that. She was very touched.

My personal opinion is that Taylor didn't have much of a personality or maybe it's that the others kind of overshadowed her. She's better with a script I would say if that makes sense. Very nice but odd or maybe just shy in a room full of strangers falling out all over her. I'll bet she just needs to personally know you to open up a bit more and let her guard down.

I've been to panel discussions before for other actors and I highly recommend going if you ever get the opportunity. It's very interesting and usually fun!

Taylor came across to me as very nice and sweet but guarded. There was a segment where the audience could ask questions and this girl got up and totally fanned out over her. It was comical and cringeworthy at the same time. Taylor tried to help her out by telling her she was okay several times and to just calm down. It was a funny moment and the girl did get it together and made a lovely speech about how wonderful she thought Taylor was as an actress and how she thought she deserved an Emmy. It ended up being a very sweet moment and Taylor actually teared up and thanked the girl for getting the courage to come up and tell her that. She was very touched.

My personal opinion is that Taylor didn't have much of a personality or maybe it's that the others kind of overshadowed her. She's better with a script I would say if that makes sense. Very nice but odd or maybe just shy in a room full of strangers falling out all over her. I'll bet she just needs to personally know you to open up a bit more and let her guard down.

I've been to panel discussions before for other actors and I highly recommend going if you ever get the opportunity. It's very interesting and usually fun!
Interesting, thank you so much for all the detailed insight! Everyone in this thread is probably thinking I'm conducting an interview of my own on your experience of the panel discussion[emoji23]

Sounds like her character in the show. How lucky that you were able to attend this! I would've loved to see them.