Orange bag?

kooba40

O.G.
Sep 19, 2007
Florida
Omg. I just realized that I do not have one orange bagg in my collection. Anyone have any suggestions on a really nice orange bag? :smile:

Last edited:

indiaink

Eh
Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
I can't suggest anything at the moment, but perhaps there is a reason you don't have an orange bag in your collection ... ? Is there a reason why you suddenly want one?

kooba40

O.G.
Sep 19, 2007
Florida
To tell you the truth, I guess I haven't come across one that I've loved. Think it would be a nice change. Maybe it's just a phase. Lol. Please keep me in mind if you think of anything.

hipnycmom

O.G.
Feb 13, 2007
I have one orange bag in my collection and it's a Celine Micro Luggage in Lipstick. It's a red-orange, which seems to work better for me than a true orange. Love, love, love the color.

LuvAllBags

On A Mission
O.G.
Nov 13, 2006
Sorta Northeast
Not being sure what brands you like, what shade of orange you prefer, or how much you want to spend...I have seen a few cute ones, and recommend you search ebay for these...

Kate Spade did a great orange with the Mott Street line last summer.

Cole Haan has done a ton of orange over the years.

Tod's has done stellar orange over the years.

joy&lv

Obsessed
O.G.
Mar 20, 2009
Bay Area, California
Balenciaga has a nice "burnt orange" in the 2011 collection. I think, it is a nice "orange like" color that will be classic.

I have two orange bags. LV Manderin EPI Noe - pumpkin as DH calls it and a Fendi Pouchette/small bag. Hardly use either. I do love the Epi Noe but cannot get any value out of the Fendi reselling so kept it.

My next ORANGE bag will be a Birkin in the "H" orange... that is an "EVENTUALLY."

Sep 23, 2009
Île-de-France
I Have an orange clutch from BCBG. It has a zipper all around, looks like a wallet but bigger. For me it is a perfect size for a purse in orange color...
I often wear it with a silk scarf in the same orange... everytime I get lots of compliments... Hope you can find "your" orange bag... It is such a Fun color to wear :amuse:

Morisa

Nov 5, 2011
maybe start with an orange wallet and see if you like it first before going all out on a bag? that's my current strategy....

grietje

O.G.
Oct 18, 2007
Like India posted, just because you don't have a color doesn't mean you should run and out and get it. I was--at one point--fixated on the bag rainbow. But I Have learned that my pop of color is better for my clothes than a bag.

That said, there are several shades or orange. It can be neutral or quite bright. I have a potiron (pumpkin) Hermes bolide and it's a bit darker and more brown-based than the traditional Hermes orange. I like this color better because IMO it works better year round. LV's mandarin is a bright happy orange. Balenciaga's paprika/rouille (2006 and 2007) was quite brown based and heading towards rust. BV's fire opal is terrific ( I have. Wallet in this). I think it depends on what shades you wear and if you are looking for spring/summer or year round.