Orange Bag Owners, Are you getting a lot of "Autumn/Halloween" Comments?

Ever since the start of October I have been asked by strangers where have I found such a perfect Autumn orange bag and did I do it on purpose! Even the butcher today admired the color and said what a great Halloween bag it was. I find this to be all so cute and fun....anyone else with orange getting the same feedback?

CPL ~ Your Birkin Is Just Dreamy:heart: I Don't Have Orange Or Poitron Either...I Would Love It. I Think It's A Definite All Year Around Bag.....Totally Makes A Summer Statement As Well!:yes:

I Very Much Enjoy Reading About Different Traditions ~ I :heart: Hearing The Different (& Some Very Same) Ways We Celebrate Or Rejoice In Things.

I Wear My Clothes More Around What I :heart: For That Season Or Time Of The Year. Not So Much Holidays......For Example, For The Jewish High Holidays....We Are Always Very Dressed Up For Synagogue & Time Spent With The Ones We Love....No Special Color (Well, Maybe Black For Slimming:P).

I have a forest green Kelly. Around Xmas I sometimes tie a red H pouchette on it.
I am a fool for Nèige d'Antan. Even wear the cotton Nèige in the summer.
For Thanksgiving, I have several Texas Flora and Fauna, although only I know the turkey is there, the way I fold them.

That Sounds Gorgeous:yes:

I love the orange bag as well (it has been at the top of my often-changing dream list recently). I love both orange and potiron. Do people think that H orange is a more versatile and all-year color? Is potiron a fall/winter color only?

Your orange bag is gorgeous! I bet it looks great with jeans, linen, khaki, etc etc

Can't really comment about orange bags as I don't have any, I'm a neutral kinda girl.

Cynthia, some of your posts are so funny, I'm laughing so hard, I have tears in my eyes!

Golconda, thanksgiving is so special, I have a turkey scarf as well in fall colors, dusty orange & olive green.

The first bag my DH gave me was an Prada pumpkin suede satchel, and since I was such a earth tones kind of gal (I swore off black after moving out of NYC as my closet was so dark it looked like a black hole when you opened it) and it got compliments left and right! I still very much love it, I just had the suede cleaned and I plan on wearing it - especially around him :love: - very soon.

Since then my highlights have taken over, and black is starting to look pretty good to me again, but I still wouldn't hesitate for a minute if I saw the right orange H bag. It IS the perfect fall bag... as if your bag changed along with the leaves :heart:

Love the Hermes Orange 35cm Birkin. I have admired CPL avatar since she got her 40cm.
Would love to have an H Orange Birkin. I would not worry about the color mix of orange & black. I am not a fan of halloween so -have thought this over the past few days and decided I would enjoy carrying my bag and not think about it.

I LOVE orange birkins... but I tend to wear a lot of black so the orange bag would not be a good option for me ....
I remember reading somewhere here a while back that sombody was getting teased about her orange togo, saying that it looked like a basketball...go figure.:shrugs:

Halloween is not big here in where I am too. Nope, I've never gotta that before. Even if I have, I would say this is the corporate colour. Duh.

BTW, I just sighted a lady in black carrying an Orange kelly this afternoon.

That was me with the basketball tease! I hushed that person up real fast...they were just giving me a hard time since they saw how obsessed I am with my birkin! I love reading everyone's comments, thanks :tup:

I do have orange Kelly bag and I don't think it is just seasonal color for Oct. Actually I wear very casually for everyday working and Orange looks very good with casual look. I think it would look yummy in summer here in California. I love the orange birkin in your Avatar.:drool:

While I absolutely ADORE Orange Birkins, one of the main reasons I no longer own one is that I often dress in black, black and white, or um, well--a lot of black. I got sick of this jackass in my old building calling me The Great Pumpkin when I carried my orange bag.

Normally I am not one to succumb at all to peer pressure, believe me, but it cheesed me off so much that it made me paranoid to carry an orange bag when I was wearing any black at all. Since I rarely wear any outfit that has no black, the bag had to go. If I wore more camels and tans or really ANY other colors it would have been fine, I think.

So, if nothing else, you can tell your "critics" that they're not at all original, because my jackass neighbor was saying that crap like 6 years ago. LOLOL!!!

BTW a couple of years later I did buy an orange Tods bag, and to this day I will only wear it with "earth tones". The only comments I have gotten on that bag have been complimentary of its unusual color, or people saying that it was perfect for fall. So, at least for me, it was the black & orange combo that bothered ME (and my jackass ex-neighbor, LOL).

CynthiaNYC...I always look forward to reading your post...as I find you very amusing and down to earth...your sense of humor is MINE!!! MINE!! MINE!! MINE!! You tell it like it is in a humoristic yet effective way...I just came across this posting of yours from way back before I joined the forum and I am cracking up...Thanks for the insight and the entertainment! Keep them coming...it brightens our day!:woohoo: