Or best offer option???

dds262

Dec 8, 2012
I am relisting an item as a fixed price. I would like to add a "or best offer" option and I am not seeing it as I go through the steps to edit my listing.

Where exactly is this option??? I am frustrated because I can't find it!!!!!

I see the option for "fixed price" or "auction" but no option to add the obo to the fixed price......

It's typically grouped with the "fixed price" information - where you enter the price, duration, etc... You put in fixed price amount, and right underneath should be a box to check - "Allow buyers to submit an offer" _or similar).

Just to double-check, where are you creating your auction - in ebay, in Auctiva, or somewhere else?

I am creating the auction on ebay I go under relist make edits - pricing - fixed - and I see options only for duration and to schedule a start time.

In my searching for answers I have found a reference possible to the fact I have only sold a few items on ebay and maybe that is why I cannot accept an offer. I have a higher feedback score as a buyer (ebay id is same as TPF id) but I really have no idea!!!!

Do you recommend adding something indicating I would be open to "best offers" ??? I don't want to violate any rules - but could I cancel the listing and relist at a best offer price if I received one??? I wouldn't lose anything if the person did not follow through...I could just go back to my original bin price????? Or should I call ebay and ask them to enable this option if possible????

Hmm I don't have any feedback as a seller just a buyer and it let me do it a few days ago.

The only thing I did different was put it at a BIN and than later realized I wanted to revise it and the or best offer box was their under fixed auctions

Do you recommend adding something indicating I would be open to "best offers" ??? I don't want to violate any rules - but could I cancel the listing and relist at a best offer price if I received one??? I wouldn't lose anything if the person did not follow through...I could just go back to my original bin price????? Or should I call ebay and ask them to enable this option if possible????

I saw a BIN listing where the seller had in the description, "will accept reasonable offer. " Not sure how that would work though.

I saw a BIN listing where the seller had in the description, "will accept reasonable offer. " Not sure how that would work though.

That's not really allowed because without the b.o. option, the only way the seller can take less than the BIN amount would be to sell "off" ebay. She'd just end the listing and sell without ebay getting its fees.

That's not really allowed because without the b.o. option, the only way the seller can take less than the BIN amount would be to sell "off" ebay. She'd just end the listing and sell without ebay getting its fees.

The person that listed it must have been reading this forum because they most certainly revised that description today and lowered the price a tiny bit.

eta: Thanks for that tidbit of info. I couldn't figure out how that would work.

I don't have a best offer on my listing because I don't like to bargain, but occasionally I get very determined (and polite) buyers, and we agree for a lower price. I just change my BIN for the agreed price, and they buy the item (on Ebay), so I think that it is possible. I just never understood why sellers have to put that in their listings, instead of having a Best Offer option.

I don't have a best offer on my listing because I don't like to bargain, but occasionally I get very determined (and polite) buyers, and we agree for a lower price. I just change my BIN for the agreed price, and they buy the item (on Ebay), so I think that it is possible. I just never understood why sellers have to put that in their listings, instead of having a Best Offer option.
That's a way to do it too as long as it lets you change the price.