Options to replace pure acetone?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    I’m old school and love regular nail polish. I also love nail stamping art, but I’m having serious problems finding pure acetone to clean my stamping plates. All the acetone I find seems to have other additives, that does not clean the plates properly, leaving a lot of nail polish. Does anyone have any ideas what else will clean all of the nail polish off of the plates tiny lines?
    Unfortunately where I live there are no ‘Sally’s Beauty Supply’ or other beauty supply stores. I live on a tiny island close to the Middle East. Any other options for cleaning nail polish out would be gratefully received. Please help me. I really want to continue my stamping art, but won’t be able to if I cannot clean the plates properly! Thanks, in advance.

2. Bump! Please, ladies, I still need a solution to this problem. Is there anything other than acetone, or is there a brand of acetone with additives (that you know of) that will remove nail polish? The only np removers I’ve bought here haven’t worked so far. I’ve bought about 30 different bottles of np remover from all different brands, and not one of them removes all the polish from the etched plates. Is there anything else that can remove nail polish?

3. Do you have hardware stores? I get my pure acetone there.

4. Thanks, I’ll have a look. I’ll let you know if I have any luck.

5. You can buy pure acetone at the pharmacy behind the counter.

6. You can’t here. Thanks though.