Options for time buyer with no purchase history?

TheGrand17

Apr 17, 2020
Hi All,

I live in NH, so the closest boutique to me is in Boston, MA. Because of the current pandemic, I do not have travel plans to the city any time soon. I know boutiques typically require purchase history to ship items - is this still the case? Has anyone found any workarounds to this? Would love to order a small flap, if possible.

Thank you!! :smile:

You can schedule a virtual appointment via the Chanel app at the Boston boutique. You can try calling the boutique to see if this will allow you to work around the no prior purchase history before scheduling the appointment.

Hi All,

I live in NH, so the closest boutique to me is in Boston, MA. Because of the current pandemic, I do not have travel plans to the city any time soon. I know boutiques typically require purchase history to ship items - is this still the case? Has anyone found any workarounds to this? Would love to order a small flap, if possible.

Thank you!! :smile:
Wondering if you found a workaround? I’m in the same situation. I’d like to buy from a Chanel boutique to have a purchase history for next time.

I ended up driving for an hour to the boutique. The SA said they don’t accept new client for phone order because people can use “fake” information. It makes no sense to me at all. Whether I make the purchase or not in the boutique, as long as I provide my info in the client card, I can place phone order in the future.
This seems like an insane rule, and like bad business to not accept new customers just because they don't live near a boutique. Does anyone know why they have this rule?

I want to buy the boy card holder and it says to call a number, but from what I gather here they won’t sell it to me because I have no previous purchase history? Why do they make it so hard

This happened to me and my SA suggested to make a purchase at Chanel.com — just get anything from there like cosmetics or something. You would have to create an account and register as well. Once your item ships, your client account number will show in their system. That way also your credit card and identity will be verified once the transaction goes through. I was able to purchase my WOC after two days because it showed in their system that I had purchase history.

This happened to me and my SA suggested to make a purchase at Chanel.com — just get anything from there like cosmetics or something. You would have to create an account and register as well. Once your item ships, your client account number will show in their system. That way also your credit card and identity will be verified once the transaction goes through. I was able to purchase my WOC after two days because it showed in their system that I had purchase history.

I asked about doing this on the Chanel chat function with an SA and was told that cosmetics doesn’t count. It worked for you?

I asked about doing this on the Chanel chat function with an SA and was told that cosmetics doesn’t count. It worked for you?
Yes, it did. I created an account, placed an order for a moisturizer and then let my SA know. She checked when it finally shipped. She told me I was showing up in their system already after my order went through then i finally placed an order for my WOC.

Yes, it did. I created an account, placed an order for a moisturizer and then let my SA know. She checked when it finally shipped. She told me I was showing up in their system already after my order went through then i finally placed an order for my WOC. I didn't order through the chat. I had an actual SA that was referred to me by a friend.

Yes, it did. I created an account, placed an order for a moisturizer and then let my SA know. She checked when it finally shipped. She told me I was showing up in their system already after my order went through then i finally placed an order for my WOC.

Sorry for the multiple questions—I’m just very excited that this may be a possibility. How were you assigned an SA? You had one before purchasing on the website? And was this recently?

Sorry for the multiple questions—I’m just very excited that this may be a possibility. How were you assigned an SA? You had one before purchasing on the website? And was this recently?
I wasn’t assigned an SA. My friend who purchased previously from a store had one. She shared the SA’s number to me then I texted her. At first the SA said even if my friend vouches for me, there’s no way I can purchase without history. It is their policy to have a purchase history before they can sell to me and she even asked her manager about this. Then she said maybe you can try ordering from the site first so I did. I guess what they want is a sure ID and credit card verification. Once you create an account and then place an order that goes through, that gets you verified.

Reactions: GucciGoneWild