Optimal number of purses in a collection?

i try to stay around 8-10,,, kinda museum-ish pieces for me though,,, most are leather,,, love that leather,, love the cambridge line,, peyton and now madisons. then when i get tired of it,,, i just sell it,,, is that wrong??? im not a really attachy type w/ most of my bags,, but a few stay awhile.

I'm not going to talk numbers because I have a LARGE collection of both LV and Coach. I admit sometimes depending on outfit, or whether I am at work or home, I switch out several times a day. Usually several times a week. There's no right or wrong. You'll know. Obviously if you are feeling overwhelmed, then that's a sign.

The thing I NEVER want to get into, is having purses sit unused in my closet - "museum pieces" I call them.

Haha, I'm the exact opposite. I didn't want it to be this way but it did. I got my first designer bag (beautiful kate spade evening bag) and couldn't bring myself to use it. Got more and couldn't bring myself to use it either. I keep accumulating. The ones I've managed to bring myself to use are mostly purchased mint or excellent condition. Somehow, being broken into made it easier to use.

I've managed to use at least one brand new bag I've purchased for myself but I've still got a long way to go. I know that what I have is more of a collection than anything else so they are "museum pieces" to me. :smile:

P.S. Good thing I stumble on this thread. I change bags about every season it feels like. I should change more, even the ones that I have been using already (since I have a hard time using brand new ones I got). Will aim to rotate more starting next week.