Opportunity to buy my first H bag, need your opinions please, what should I do?

What should I do?

• Go for it, it's beautiful and a perfect first H. bag.

• Don't buy it and go for the Birkin.

• Go for a Birkin and search for a second hand Kelly later.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thank you Kat, ryomat and kashmira :flowers:.

I think I'm going to ask them if they can send it in for a spa treatment on their costs and if it comes back without scratches I'll buy it.
The scratches are not on the hardware btw, but on the leather.
OMG, I must say I'm excited now my H. wish maybe is going to be true very soon :nuts:.
By the way, another question...
If you order a bag this year, do you have to pay the price of this year for a bag or do you have to pay more when there's going to be a price increase and your bag is not there yet? (I hope you know what I mean, since my English is not that good :P).

i agree with the other members; the kelly really looks great on you. where are the scratches? sometimes if the bags have been on the shelf and handled by potential buyers the hardware can get a few hairline scratches. would the store compensate you for the imperfection?

Thank you! The scratches are on the leather, one on the front and some on the back. I asked a SA before if they could send it in for a spa treatment on their costs, but she said she couldn't. I'm going to ask again next week, hope they can help.

If you order a bag, you pay the price of the bag when it arrives, not the price of the bag when you place the order.

Although depending on the amount of time it takes for the bag to arrive there may or may not have been an increase. :smile:

If you order a bag this year, do you have to pay the price of this year for a bag or do you have to pay more when there's going to be a price increase and your bag is not there yet?

Thank you Kat, ryomat and kashmira :flowers:.

I think I'm going to ask them if they can send it in for a spa treatment on their costs and if it comes back without scratches I'll buy it.
The scratches are not on the hardware btw, but on the leather.
OMG, I must say I'm excited now my H. wish maybe is going to be true very soon :nuts:.
By the way, another question...
If you order a bag this year, do you have to pay the price of this year for a bag or do you have to pay more when there's going to be a price increase and your bag is not there yet? (I hope you know what I mean, since my English is not that good :P).

I just took for granted that the scratches were on the hardware:shame:.

Nevermind, I suggest that you try to find another Kelly- they are not that hard to find.

I would not buy one with scratches. Kellys are not that hard to come by. Wait for a perfect one, for sure. Why pay for a bag and then be without it while it is at spa.

Just be sure you are indeed a Kelly girl. I thought the same as you ... that I wanted a Kelly because of the shoulder strap. So I got one... a 32. I found that the strap was not substantial enough to really support the weight of the bag (I carry a lot of stuff) so I didn't use the strap very much and I found the solid handle not very conducive to going over my arm... it was uncomfortable. For me, the best way to carry it was in the hand, which wasn't always feasible.

Soooo, I sold it and got a Birkin and I have never missed a shoulder strap. I find straps to be uncomfortable and not good for my shoulder. I can carry the Birkin on my arm if I need my hands. I know I am a Birkin gal for sure, now.

I have to say that you look great with the Kelly.... it's a tough decision... but just make sure that you really are a Kelly girl so there are no regrets ....

Good luck!!!!!

The pictures of you with the Kelly are adorable!Saying that I would pass this one due to the scratches & wait for a new one.Loving both types of bags I started with a BB Kelly & then followed my Etoupe Birkin & I find myself equally loving both.My point is pointless I know.I guess I'm trying to say don't give up on your Birkin if that's the one you really want although the Kelly looks gorgeous on you.

Thank you so much everyone :biggrin:!

Kallie Girl: Thank you for sharing your experience. You're sooo right, it's really a tough decision for me. Long long time I was thinking: Birkin or Kelly, which leather, which color...sometimes I couldn't stop thinking about it. I definitely love both, Birkin and Kelly but decided to go for a Kelly first because of the shoulder strap exactly like you said.
I don't carry so much stuff so I think the Kelly is good for me. Well, I guess there's only one way to find out which one I like more.. I need a Kelly and a Birkin in my collection :sweatdrop:.

If this is from the H Boutique it should be perfect, that is what you are paying for.
Have the SA order you one in, better yet have them find one they open from the box just for you.
A magical experience~

I agree with everyone too. Be patient and strong! I am a bit shocked they are expecting you to pay full whack for a scratched bag. You are worth more! Either they send it to spa with no obligation for you to buy it when it returns (as you may have found a new unscratched one by then), but ideally let it go and find one you love. You look great with it though. I must say! In my H they have birkins/kellys to try so you may look even better with a birkin.

A good experience is just as important as the bag itself, so dont settle if you have doubts, especially if not perfect - you WILL be able to get a perfect one! :smile: