Opinions wanted

Does that mean that those who don't own Hermes or plan on owning H soon cannot participate?

were you responding to what i posted? if so, then no, i definitely did not mean that at all.
i was more thinking along the lines of a question posed to new members when joining. something along the lines of: are you a lying rat fink?
something like that, you know, so they could out themselves.

(:P)

if things do get unpleasant as a result of the cloak of anonymity, as neeya foresees, how would the mods regulate that? how could they track and then ban (and hard!) those people who might still try to ruin things for the rest of us?

I'm no techie, but it's my guess that IP addresses would sure come in handy.

The more I think about it, Vlad, I really like this idea. Of course people will want to show-and-tell with their friends as on the normal board, but the new subforum would be a good way to coax out from the woodwork those who don't mind showing but don't feel they need to tell.

Would making the anonymous subforum 'pictures only' help eliminate cattiness that may otherwise be aroused by more verbally descriptive posts? Just a thought.

I am thinking...wouldn't everyone kind of know who was posting anonymously if in fact you never saw their bags, etc. in the nonanonymous section? Also, I'd like to know what happened to cause all this hoopla because the secrecy of all of this is making me nervous like I don't want to post anything anonymous or nonanonymously anymore....KWIM?

the anonymous idea is a sad one, even if it's realistic. the lack of trust... it is basically one giant symbol for our lack of trust. and as i said, i've just now begun, or had begun, to feel some.
also, it would be entirely visual in it's value. posting information there, knowledge, would be so limited as we would not know if it's from a respected source, nor would we know how to follow up with an answer via PM if preferred, etc.

as to jag's new pts. about how to go forward with our eyes open... some of us have enough of a history on this board to make that not entirely effective. if a weasel wants to dig, it digs. and i'd have to take down my little blog link. :sad: (lol, that should be my biggest worry:P)

^ I totally agree. This is a great idea! In fact if it helps, probably the only subforum that I would be willing to post my goods safely w/o worry of repercussions (especially since only the mods can view who the posters are).

You know the old saying:
Burnt once, shame on you. Burnt twice, shame on me.:sad:

I like Gina's idea. Post the pics and no chat. This way there's the sub-sub-forum for those who would like to show but not tell.

But then what's the difference between that and what we already have in the Hermes Information section?......I'm so confused on how this would work.....shows you what kind of computer genious I am......

In the light of recent, heated events and drama, I suggest the following:

An additional, anonymous sub-forum within Hermes, no user names, no signatures, no avatars, no profiles.

That way ya'll can share your goods without the possible consequences of envious reactions.

Last thing I want is for people to be uncomfortable in their own "4 walls", hesitant to share their goodies because they are in fear of someone talking smack about them. Sharing is essential on forums like ours and the community would be only half as fun if it weren't for the fabulous member contributions.

Let's hear opinions. :idea:

Why can't people just be a little more judicious about what they post or a bit more guarded? I've seen entirely too much personal info disclosed in some fora and cannot understand WHY people do this. Anyone can read whatever is posted and it will, invariably, end up archived somewhere. I've heard about people being stalked off the board and into real life. One woman I know from another forum was harrassed at home (phone calls at all hours) and subsequently even threatened with a gun by some wacko from the board. And the mods there did NOTHING about it!!! I must say, I am grateful that the mods here are as proactive and protective as they are. We are very fortunate. :heart:

I like this forum the way it is and enjoy drooling over other members' collections/purchases and living a bit vicariously. Everyone should just steer clear of using real names and other personal identificatory details. As for pics of goodies/purchases, keep posting them, but don't disclose exactly where they came from, which boutique or names of SAs and the like.

Just my 2 centimes ;D

as to jag's new pts. about how to go forward with our eyes open... some of us have enough of a history on this board to make that not entirely effective. if a weasel wants to dig, it digs. and i'd have to take down my little blog link. :sad: (lol, that should be my biggest worry:P)

HH, I dont think you have to worry about removing your blog link. Vlad - won't the sigs and other identifiers like avatars, etc just be disabled on the new subforum?

If someone posts something questionable on the ne subforum, could we then PM a mod to investigate and then if necessary the post can be deleted or edited with a corrective explanation? That might help in terms of keeping the subforum 'clean'.

I like Gina's idea. Post the pics and no chat. This way there's the sub-sub-forum for those who would like to show but not tell.

But then what's the difference between that and what we already have in the Hermes Information section?......I'm so confused on how this would work.....shows you what kind of computer genious I am......

The difference is that in the Hermes Reference section, if I post pics of five croc birkins, for example, readers jump to the conclusion that they are all mine because my name's on the post, and that stirs up a whole lot of trouble in some circles.

KWIM?