Opinions pls!! Too trendy??

PursePrincess24

polka dots & bows..
O.G.
Feb 16, 2012
Hi all! I recently purchased this : https://www.neimanmarcus.com/Fendi-...utm_source=NMCS__GooglePLA&utm_campaign=Fendi

And was wondering your opinions. Is it too trendy? Will I be over this come next summer ? I love the size /length and the fact it can be clutch or shoulder. I don't have anything colorful as I tend to stick to "safe & classic" bags so I thought this could be a "fun" bag. Or is it better to invest the $$ into something else more classic with no regrets in 5 years. Help Lol thanks!!

Yes, it’s trendy. I know exactly your concerns. I bought a Fendi studded backpack and sold it before wearing it even once! Because I decided the studs plus backpack look wouldn’t last. And yes, it was supposed to be my “fun” bag too.

If you’re still within the return period, I would return it.

Another thing to think about, there is a studded wallet on Fashionphile right now where one stud has fallen off. I didn’t want my bag to look like that!

For $1300 I think you can find a “fun” bag with some color, that is also more classic.

I ended up finding a floral dot com (on sale) that has a classic shape, but still has the fun flower accents for that bit of color.

Reactions: MahaM and DZK
Yes, it’s trendy. I know exactly your concerns. I bought a Fendi studded backpack and sold it before wearing it even once! Because I decided the studs plus backpack look wouldn’t last. And yes, it was supposed to be my “fun” bag too.

If you’re still within the return period, I would return it.

Another thing to think about, there is a studded wallet on Fashionphile right now where one stud has fallen off. I didn’t want my bag to look like that!

For $1300 I think you can find a “fun” bag with some color, that is also more classic.

I ended up finding a floral dot com (on sale) that has a classic shape, but still has the fun flower accents for that bit of color.

Thank u so much! I polled my friends and they all said the same thing. Too trendy and to find something else to invest in. I didn't even think about if/when a stud falls off! I just recently discovered a Chanel woc in a pretty summer color that may be worth the investment now :smile:

Thank u so much! I polled my friends and they all said the same thing. Too trendy and to find something else to invest in. I didn't even think about if/when a stud falls off! I just recently discovered a Chanel woc in a pretty summer color that may be worth the investment now :smile:
I agree with the above post. It’s not something that’ll stand the test of time or elevate your look in any way. It’s whimsical, but for what yo paid you could get something more versatile and still beautiful/ fun. I’d also be concerned about the studs falling off.

Honestly I love those fun studs. I would spend the money on the studded strap though. :P

Attachments

• 0CD660E1-38C1-4D37-86DF-14A5698E48C5.png
    0CD660E1-38C1-4D37-86DF-14A5698E48C5.png
    117.7 KB · Views: 241