Opinions, Please

Havanese 28

May 4, 2014
I'd love to add a Knot to my handbag collection. For those of you familiar with the brand, or who have a Knot, do you recommend the knot or stretch knot for a versatile clutch? Thanks, in advance!

There are numerous knot posts. I would search tPF. The stretch will hold an iPhone 6s, keys, and a lipstick. It's best to visit a boutique and try one with the items you want to carry. I have an SO stretch and carefully plan what will fit for a glamorous evening out.

There are numerous knot posts. I would search tPF. The stretch will hold an iPhone 6s, keys, and a lipstick. It's best to visit a boutique and try one with the items you want to carry. I have an SO stretch and carefully plan what will fit for a glamorous evening out.
Thank you. I don't live close to anywhere that has BV, so I need to shop over the phone. I do this with Dior as well. I'd definitely need it to be able to hold my iPhone 6S.

I'd go for the stretch.. I have both the classic size as well as the stretch.
It will hold an iPhone6s, keys, credit cards & lipstick as Mousse points out.
Whatever you would carry should fit the size you are contemplating
Both sizes can go day to evening but it comes down to be a personal preference
May I ask what you were considering ( satin, faille, exotic or a detailed novelty one)

Last edited:
Thank you. For my first Knot, I am considering either satin or failed in a bold shade...either a green, red or even a "rust" shade I recently saw on Net a Porter site. Do you have any recommendations regarding which material?

a Porter

Thank you. For my first Knot, I am considering either satin or failed in a bold shade...either a green, red or even a "rust" shade I recently saw on Net a Porter site. Do you have any recommendations regarding which material?

a Porter

IMO , the satin is a little dressier than the faille which is my favorite& really wearable all year around...(day into evening)

a Porter

Given that you're inclined for a "color" Knot, I'd select based on the total effect of the combination of size, color, and material. For me, there are certain combinations that just look prettier than others, for the particular purpose in mind.

For example, I have a Stretch Knot in nero (black) karung, which is softly reflective and textured, so it goes day-to-evening. I also used to have a satin regular-size Knot in a champagne color, which was perfect for an outfit that I wore for a family wedding. I would not have wanted the faille texture for that outfit in that color, but the satin looked perfect. It was so elegant. The satin is so smooth that I babied it to avoid fuzzing or snags from dry skin, for instance, but that was partially due to the fact that little flaws would be more noticeable on the mid-light color. I wouldn't have worried that much over a deeper bright color.

Size-wise, I like the look of both, and like I said, certain colors to me look better in the smaller shape and others look better (to me) in the elongated shape. To be completely practical, though, I'd go for the Stretch size if you need to carry the iphone 6s, especially if you plan to use a card case, too, plus carry essential keys.

Have fun deciding!

The wear of the satin (snags, flaws etc) is a consideration & for many because of that the faille will wear better unless
you choose a color a bright or black in the satin( but you can expect flaws to show from wear in the light colors & hand oils as well
in the faille wear will show in a light color)
It sounds like the stretch would be a better fit for you & it does work day into night
Leather is also a good option because as Mousse says it goes dress up as well as dress down
& agree with Blueiris that certain colors look better in the classic knot & some really look
gorgeous in the stretch
I'm sure the right one will land in your hand & what's knot to love once you find her

Last edited: