Opinions Please . . .

Apr 25, 2007
Plantsville, CT
This winter my most used bag was the Michael Kors Bedford Dressy Tote because it was designed similar to the Prada/ToryBurch Robinson with the double zips. I purchased the TB but it weighed 3 lbs. empty and was just too heavy. I ended up with this in the Black/Gold combo and loved it! So, in an effort to get a similar bag for work for spring, I was going to just get it in tan but I happened to see (albeit late) the MK Cynthia inside zip pocket satchel in large. Here is my question . . . do I go with the tan or with the vanilla. I am easy on my handbags and don't take a train or commute so that's not a problem. it has wonderful feet so I see no edging issues on my black one. it is in the saffiano so i know it will hold up. Some of my friends say the tan is a winter/fall color so go with vanilla and pop it with some bit of color with a scarf and some say tan so it shows no dirt. But I will admit, I normally don't use my tan bags in the spring and summer so I'm just not sure. Any opinions are greatly appreciated from you lovely ladies. :happydance:

iHeartMK

Jul 18, 2012
When you say 'tan', do you really mean the color luggage? Either one, I think that color is a year round color whereas the vanilla would be more of a winter-y color (because it reminds me of snow, haha). I personally stay away from white/vanilla because I don't trust myself or others around me to keep it clean but if it's saffiano leather, I think I would break my rules and go with the vanilla since the saffiano leather is easy to clean and is very low maintenance. However, if it was just regular soft leather, I'd go with tan/luggage. Hope that helped!

Jun 19, 2007
Personally, both colors are year round so it's more important which fits best in your wardrobe. Enjoy your new bag when you get it :smile:

J9MKlover

Jan 23, 2013
New Jersey
Personally, both colors are year round so it's more important which fits best in your wardrobe. Enjoy your new bag when you get it :smile:
I agree that they are both definitely year round colors. I have heard very good feedback about the vanilla in coated canvas and saffiano with regard to it not attracting dirt and when it does, it is easy to clean. Hope that helps! I just got a saffiano bag in vanilla but haven't used it yet. I think it should be fine. I also will second a previous post about regular leather in vanilla...now I think that would be difficult to keep clean.