Opinions Please!

NikkisABagGirl

Nicole Angela
O.G.
Aug 26, 2009
Hey all,

I don't post much, but I am jewelry lover as well. My dilemma is this: I am thinking seriously about selling my Chanel handbag to fund a jewelry purchase. I was thinking of studs, a bracelet or something like that. The only reason I am thinking about selling it is because I have worn it a few times and I think it is too big for my frame. I have a jumbo. I never wear it, it sits in the box in the closet, so I just figured I could sell it and buy something I would wear more often. I don't know if I will regret it, although I don't see how I could when I never wear it. Also, I don't know where to sell. I have sold a couple of Louis V on ebay, but don't think I would go that route for such an expensive purse. I am just trying to get different views and opinion. Thanks so much!

I say sell it, if you are not using it now there is a little chance you will in future. I have done the same with a few bags now and I don't regret it.

I say sell it, if you are not using it now there is a little chance you will in future. I have done the same with a few bags now and I don't regret it.

Thanks for your input. I definitely understand what you are saying. I just don't love it enough to want to wear it, , so I feel like it is a waste of money.

Diamond studs are such a classic. I wear mine everyday. I say if you are not using something sell it and get something you will wear. I buy and sell stuff all of the time. I like having new things and usually that means I have to sell something in order to fund a new purchase.

I'll choose bling over bags every time. I don't think you'll regret it at all. I've only used eBay, Craigslist, and a local consignment store to sell my bags, so I don't have any advice on other avenues for selling your Chanel. I do know that sites like Yoogi's Closet and Malleries get a lot of traffic, so it might be worth checking into their consignment services and policies.

If you don't wear it, then yes, it is a waste of money. Recycle it by selling it and buy something you love and want to wear:smile:

I've never regretted selling handbags for jewelry. Good luck! Try consignment if you're uncomfortable with Ebay.

Diamond studs are such a classic. I wear mine everyday. I say if you are not using something sell it and get something you will wear. I buy and sell stuff all of the time. I like having new things and usually that means I have to sell something in order to fund a new purchase.

I'll choose bling over bags every time. I don't think you'll regret it at all. I've only used eBay, Craigslist, and a local consignment store to sell my bags, so I don't have any advice on other avenues for selling your Chanel. I do know that sites like Yoogi's Closet and Malleries get a lot of traffic, so it might be worth checking into their consignment services and policies.

Yknow, if you can sell it, I would. You don't use it, so it's wasted money. Get yourself a nice pair of studs and save whatever is left.

Thanks everyone. I was thinking about a nice pair of studs, something I could wear all the time. I am thinking I will use consignment just to be safe. I am definitely going to sell it now. I asked hubby and he also thought I would get so much more wear out of nice jewelry than a bag. :biggrin:

Hi OP, just to throw up a different opinion. I am like you, I have 4 Chanel bags which I hardly ever use, which could very nicely fund some serious bling bling. I have considered selling them several times but could never bear to. One thing to note is that even if your bag is brand new, you could easily lose 30-50% off what you paid for by reselling them. Also my bags are all single flap, and if I sold them and regretted later, they would be very hard to replace.

And although I rarely use my bags, I like taking them out every now and then to admire them. Hahaha. So for me, I am still currently hoarding my bags and taking the route of saving to fund other purchases. Just some food for thought for you!

You will get more $ if you sell on eBay or bonanaza . But I understand the safety factor in a resale shop.
I ,too would sell the bag inorder to fund the jewelry.

Yea, I was thinking of my personalshoppers on ebay.

Hi OP, just to throw up a different opinion. I am like you, I have 4 Chanel bags which I hardly ever use, which could very nicely fund some serious bling bling. I have considered selling them several times but could never bear to. One thing to note is that even if your bag is brand new, you could easily lose 30-50% off what you paid for by reselling them. Also my bags are all single flap, and if I sold them and regretted later, they would be very hard to replace.

And although I rarely use my bags, I like taking them out every now and then to admire them. Hahaha. So for me, I am still currently hoarding my bags and taking the route of saving to fund other purchases. Just some food for thought for you!

Thanks! I appreciate all opinions. I think that way some time too. I do like it, but I don't love it. I think I should have returned it when I first bought it. But I went against my better judgement. I ordered the Jumbo and posted a thread and got a 50/50 response on bigger bags with smaller frames. I don't think that bag looks great on me. If I did get another I would go for the medium/large and not the jumbo.