Opinions Please!

NikkisABagGirl

Nicole Angela
O.G.
Aug 26, 2009
Hey all,

I don't post much, but I am jewelry lover as well. My dilemma is this: I am thinking seriously about selling my Chanel handbag to fund a jewelry purchase. I was thinking of studs, a bracelet or something like that. The only reason I am thinking about selling it is because I have worn it a few times and I think it is too big for my frame. I have a jumbo. I never wear it, it sits in the box in the closet, so I just figured I could sell it and buy something I would wear more often. I don't know if I will regret it, although I don't see how I could when I never wear it. Also, I don't know where to sell. I have sold a couple of Louis V on ebay, but don't think I would go that route for such an expensive purse. I am just trying to get different views and opinion. Thanks so much!

beachy10

Mar 11, 2010
Diamond studs are such a classic. I wear mine everyday. I say if you are not using something sell it and get something you will wear. I buy and sell stuff all of the time. I like having new things and usually that means I have to sell something in order to fund a new purchase.

alf13

O.G.
Oct 25, 2011
I'll choose bling over bags every time. I don't think you'll regret it at all. I've only used eBay, Craigslist, and a local consignment store to sell my bags, so I don't have any advice on other avenues for selling your Chanel. I do know that sites like Yoogi's Closet and Malleries get a lot of traffic, so it might be worth checking into their consignment services and policies.

NikkisABagGirl

Nicole Angela
O.G.
Aug 26, 2009
If you don't wear it, then yes, it is a waste of money. Recycle it by selling it and buy something you love and want to wear:smile:

I've never regretted selling handbags for jewelry. Good luck! Try consignment if you're uncomfortable with Ebay.

Diamond studs are such a classic. I wear mine everyday. I say if you are not using something sell it and get something you will wear. I buy and sell stuff all of the time. I like having new things and usually that means I have to sell something in order to fund a new purchase.

I'll choose bling over bags every time. I don't think you'll regret it at all. I've only used eBay, Craigslist, and a local consignment store to sell my bags, so I don't have any advice on other avenues for selling your Chanel. I do know that sites like Yoogi's Closet and Malleries get a lot of traffic, so it might be worth checking into their consignment services and policies.

Yknow, if you can sell it, I would. You don't use it, so it's wasted money. Get yourself a nice pair of studs and save whatever is left.

Thanks everyone. I was thinking about a nice pair of studs, something I could wear all the time. I am thinking I will use consignment just to be safe. I am definitely going to sell it now. I asked hubby and he also thought I would get so much more wear out of nice jewelry than a bag. :biggrin:

qookymonster

Mar 3, 2009
Hi OP, just to throw up a different opinion. I am like you, I have 4 Chanel bags which I hardly ever use, which could very nicely fund some serious bling bling. I have considered selling them several times but could never bear to. One thing to note is that even if your bag is brand new, you could easily lose 30-50% off what you paid for by reselling them. Also my bags are all single flap, and if I sold them and regretted later, they would be very hard to replace.

And although I rarely use my bags, I like taking them out every now and then to admire them. Hahaha. So for me, I am still currently hoarding my bags and taking the route of saving to fund other purchases. Just some food for thought for you!

NikkisABagGirl

Nicole Angela
O.G.
Aug 26, 2009
You will get more $ if you sell on eBay or bonanaza . But I understand the safety factor in a resale shop.
I ,too would sell the bag inorder to fund the jewelry.

Yea, I was thinking of my personalshoppers on ebay.

Hi OP, just to throw up a different opinion. I am like you, I have 4 Chanel bags which I hardly ever use, which could very nicely fund some serious bling bling. I have considered selling them several times but could never bear to. One thing to note is that even if your bag is brand new, you could easily lose 30-50% off what you paid for by reselling them. Also my bags are all single flap, and if I sold them and regretted later, they would be very hard to replace.

And although I rarely use my bags, I like taking them out every now and then to admire them. Hahaha. So for me, I am still currently hoarding my bags and taking the route of saving to fund other purchases. Just some food for thought for you!

Thanks! I appreciate all opinions. I think that way some time too. I do like it, but I don't love it. I think I should have returned it when I first bought it. But I went against my better judgement. I ordered the Jumbo and posted a thread and got a 50/50 response on bigger bags with smaller frames. I don't think that bag looks great on me. If I did get another I would go for the medium/large and not the jumbo.