Opinions please:)

Sabinalynn

Bag obsessed
O.G.
Dec 17, 2007
Hi ladies:smile:
I have a nice collection of bags, but only one Chanel, a black lambskin mini flap. Since I just purchased 2 Balenciagas recently, it's not in my budget to buy another Chanel..
So my question is, should I keep my mini flap? Or sell it to fund a classic 2.55 black flap? Obviously the classic flap is more of a classic bag, no?
But I'm a mommy to a 17 month old and it's great to carry across body..can a classic flap be worn messenger style?
thanks so much!
my mini:
attachment.php

i am only 5'2" and i tried the m/l crossbody. it is waaaay too short for me, so i suspect it will be short for most people, since i am under the normal height. i have a caviar mini flap and i love her. i plan to pass her onto my daughter some day

yes, current m/l flaps have straps that are too short to be worn crossbody comfortabley. i, too, am 5'2" and of petite build, and it just doesn't work.

BUT some of the vintage m/l flaps can be worn crossbody. i have a flap that is circa 1980 or 1990 something and looks great crossobody and would probably be just fine on a taller person, too.

I agree, you should keep your mini. It sounds like you use it quite a bit and are comfortable with wearing it cross body. Maybe you can plan to save up and add an m/l or jumbo to your collection later.

I love your mini!

I'd keep it too like the others said. m/l can't be worn crossbody... I have a little one too, and have a lamb m/l and don't feel I can use it with the child, as it is harder to manage than a mini with a little child. Besides, between now and around 4 years old maybe, you will be running/ chasing etc. etc. LOL.

What's also nice about your mini is, if you need to carry a diaper bag or larger bag, you can still bring your mini to wear - and put it in the big bag if you want, etc.

The other thing is, to me the m/l looks a little more formal than the mini....I know not necessarily all the time, depending on what you wear...but I think you can wear your mini to the park with your child, or out in the evening...it goes so many places.
Have fun.

P.S... you can save up for a m/l...and if you don't like the price increases, you can always get a gently loved one somewhere, not a bad idea.

(I bought some used Chanel and it worked out fine. One is almost like new.)

:smile:

I love your mini!

I'd keep it too like the others said. m/l can't be worn crossbody... I have a little one too, and have a lamb m/l and don't feel I can use it with the child, as it is harder to manage than a mini with a little child. Besides, between now and around 4 years old maybe, you will be running/ chasing etc. etc. LOL.

What's also nice about your mini is, if you need to carry a diaper bag or larger bag, you can still bring your mini to wear - and put it in the big bag if you want, etc.

The other thing is, to me the m/l looks a little more formal than the mini....I know not necessarily all the time, depending on what you wear...but I think you can wear your mini to the park with your child, or out in the evening...it goes so many places.
Have fun.

thanks everyone!
ITA with this! the mini is soooo versatile and can be dressed up or down! She's not going anywhere..thanks for your opinions!:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Since this is an opinions thread ... ever since i heard abt the price increase i have been considering about getting the 2.55
My current small collection includes the Timeless Clutch Lambskin (Black), Black Caviar Single Flap Jumbo & Aged Gold Mademoseille Medium size.

I was comtemplating on whether i shld get the 2.55 in the 226 size probably in SHW but not sure what colours are available now. But it is also a hefty USD3.7K especially when i hardly use my caviar. My DH thinks i am just getting it to avoid the price increase and wonders if it will just end up in my wardrobe used only a few times a year
What do U ladies think?

In fact i used my mademoseille bag more often than my classic