Opinions please...WWYD?

Aug 29, 2012
Lately I've been thinking about getting rid on my speedy 30 DE.

I've had it for 3 years and I've used it maybe 5 times. I like to change my bags approximately every 2-3 weeks and I noticed I just wasn't reaching for this one. So Sunday night I decided to use it and I'm already going to switch to something else.

My fear is even though I hardly use it that I'll miss it. And because of price increases,I don't know if I'd be willing to buy another one knowing full well that I don't use it often.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone else got rid of theirs and missed it? Or if you hardly used it at one point did it ever become a "favourite" bag.

Alternatively, what would others do? Keep it in the closet and hope for the best or get rid of it?

I had the same problem. When I used it I found myself nitpicking at it because in the end it was too big for me. I sold it and bought the speedy b 25 and have used it everyday since! Love it. Good luck deciding [emoji4]

Reactions: rainy1
I'd say it would depend on how much you enjoy it when you do use it. I have a couple of bags I don't reach for often in my daily life, but they're perfect for the occasions I want to use them (e.g. a great travel bag, a great inclement weather bag, etc.) If your Speedy still fills some sort of niche that your other bags don't, I would keep it for those few occasions a year. If not, I'd probably get rid of it.

Reactions: emilie_x
Do you know why you don't enjoy using it? Is it the size? The style? If it's the size or style, you should sell it and buy the one that suits you better.

I've gone from the Speedy 35 to the Speedy 30 to, finally, the Speedy B 25. I found the Speedy 35 to be too large for my frame and the Speedy 30 to be cumbersome to carry. The Speedy B 25, to me, is perfect. I sold my Speedy 35 more than a year ago with no regrets and intend to sell my Speedy 30 as well once I decide whether or not I'm ok with Tradesy's massive fee increase.

Same problem for me. I ended up keeping it and I'm glad I did! It's a classic that I probably wouldn't buy again. I got rid of my Saumur and I still miss it. :sad:

Sent from my SM-G935V using PurseForum mobile app

Do you know why you don't enjoy using it? Is it the size? The style? If it's the size or style, you should sell it and buy the one that suits you better.

I've gone from the Speedy 35 to the Speedy 30 to, finally, the Speedy B 25. I found the Speedy 35 to be too large for my frame and the Speedy 30 to be cumbersome to carry. The Speedy B 25, to me, is perfect. I sold my Speedy 35 more than a year ago with no regrets and intend to sell my Speedy 30 as well once I decide whether or not I'm ok with Tradesy's massive fee increase.

I think part of it is size but also the handles don't feel comfortable when I'm wearing it. I always seem to compare it to my Jasmin bag (which I LOVE).
When I was picking it out, I did try the 25 and honestly, maybe that is the one I should have bought. But I also know if I get rid of this bag I probably won't buy another speedy even if it is in a different size. I just don't want to regret it.

But on the other hand, I know once my pouchette Metis comes in (hopefully soon) that I will be using it in my regular rotation and it will just be one more bag to push the speedy aside

I sold my azur 30. I still have my epi 30, mono 30, and ebene 35. I will likely sell the 35 next. I know it is a classic bag but I do not enjoy carrying it because the handles are too short for any other position than handheld. This requires me to sit it down to pick up something else. The inside is a black hole. I know a purse organizer would counter this but I'm not into those. I tend to reach for them to visit a friend and have other items to take that do not fit in a crossbody.

I'm going to keep my mono because it has sentimental value for me. It was my first designer bag. But I will likely never carry it.

I am considering purchasing the speedy b 25 which will give me the look I enjoy along with the functionality.

I am in the same dilemma. This was my first LV bag, so there is some sentimental value, and I actually do use it if the weather is really bad and I need to carry a lot of stuff. But it's not Love as it is way to impractical to carry. Just try to carry the Speedy 30 and a cup of coffee, and then try to open the zipper... :sad:. I really wish I would have bought the Speedy B 25.

I had the same problem. When I used it I found myself nitpicking at it because in the end it was too big for me. I sold it and bought the speedy b 25 and have used it everyday since! Love it. Good luck deciding [emoji4]
Same! The addition of the strap makes the bag so versatile in my opinion.

Update:
Thank you all. I've listened to all of you and the more I thought about it, I think I am going to sell the bag. I can't justify it just sitting in my closet waiting for the day I can give it to my daughter. If or when the time comes, if she wants one I'll get her one. But I don't think I will use the speedy again so its time to let it go to someone who will love it and use it.

Reactions: Sonmi999
Do you use your Speedy more now?
I actually just took it out for a week or so. The problem for me is that I tend to baby it a little more. Don't ask my why but it could be that I'm truly a cross body lady. I thought about getting a speedy b25 but it never works out. Seems like there is always something I want more. Anyway....my beautiful speedy will stay in rotation just to change things up a bit. Like I said before I think I would miss that if I let it go.

I actually just took it out for a week or so. The problem for me is that I tend to baby it a little more. Don't ask my why but it could be that I'm truly a cross body lady. I thought about getting a speedy b25 but it never works out. Seems like there is always something I want more. Anyway....my beautiful speedy will stay in rotation just to change things up a bit. Like I said before I think I would miss that if I let it go.
I'm a crossbody lady as well!

I woke up this morning second guessing getting rid of it.

I got a quote from Yoogis closet that was pretty low so I may just keep my Speedy after all.