Opinions please. Would you shorten the chain?

Would you shorten the chain if you didn’t like it?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

LemonDrop

a Fendi bag and a bad attitude
O.G.
Jul 5, 2007
Hi. I really love this bag but am not comfortable with the chain length. I would prefer it as a clutch with a very short chain that would fit just under my arm. Or that I could actually tuck in the bag. It doesn’t “feel” right to have the bag altered. However the bag as is I won’t purchase. I want to take it on nights out, dinner and dancing. That long chain just doesn’t seem right. Even though I guess it’s classic Gucci.

If you didn’t like the chain would you still purchase the bag and alter it?

718328EB-2C03-44BC-BE65-048A9DABE1B2.jpegFF0F8329-B90E-489E-9304-5BB24450C39B.jpeg

Do you have any bags with a long chain? The only reason I ask is because I have a similar sized long chain bag, and the length is great for crossbody too. I would think crossbody would be ideal for the dancing you’d like to do. However, if your heart is set on a shorter chain, I would shorten it. But only after trying it long just to make sure that shortening it is the right move.

Beautiful bag!

Do you have any bags with a long chain? The only reason I ask is because I have a similar sized long chain bag, and the length is great for crossbody too. I would think crossbody would be ideal for the dancing you’d like to do. However, if your heart is set on a shorter chain, I would shorten it. But only after trying it long just to make sure that shortening it is the right move.

Beautiful bag!

Thanks for replying. No I don’t have any bags with a long chain. I IMAGINE because I don’t have it that the bag would be very susceptible to being grabbed and stolen. That while dancing it would be sort of flapping all around. I’m not sure about using it as a crossbody while dancing. And like if I was out in Vegas or crowds it just seems so easily grabbed. Plus if I was sitting with it then I imagine this chain being all over. Do you have a different experience with long chains? I’m just imagining these scenarios. Here is a pic of my current night out clutch. It’s just a little too small to fit the bigger iPhones and a lippie.

A954EEDC-A277-4017-BCCB-3D39F2A93E7E.jpeg

I see where you’re coming from. I guess I’ve never been concerned of someone grabbing my bag. They’d have to be pretty ballsy if it were crossbody to do that because I’d go down with it lol. I’ve traveled the world with crossbody bags and never felt my bag was unsafe. When traveling overseas or in a dense area like a metro, I swing my bag around to the front of my body. But definitely do what makes you comfortable because you might not use your bag if you’re not comfortable!