Opinions please, re: annoying VP.

can008

O.G.
Feb 25, 2008
Hello ladies,

As you have probably known, I am a big fan of VP, I have loved my blue karey VP, ordered the black patent VP, searching for VP nude patent with gold tip and always stalking ebay for VP of different sorts.

But, my blue karey VP which is worn almost every second day now is annoying me.

The problem: MAJOR HEEL SLIPPAGE.:cursing:
When I bought it, it fits perfectly, no slippage. Oh, and also, it is approaching winter now and my extremities (hands and feet) are always ice cold (and shrink a fair bit?) during cold weather. Really, they are like ice.
So, maybe it will be okay again in spring, provided I haven't made the problem worse by stretching the shoes a lot during winter.
I have tried putting insole on the ball of foot (which is great because it makes the already comfy VP even more comfy) but it seems that it just keep stretching??? my left shoe has 2 insoles stacked together already!!:cursing:
I am using Dr. Scholls' airpillo half insole, i haven't been able to find foot petals. The gel half insole (party feet) is hurting me so i haven't tried them outside.

My diagnosis:
The length of the shoes is actually perfect, any smaller and my toes will protrude out and look like some celebs (whose photos of their loubs made me cringe everytime).
the problem is, my feet is too thin or the shoes is too round/thick/wide at the front and don't hold my feet well and it is a very high heel for my short feet, therefore it slips forward until two of my toes protrude out and the other three got squished.:yucky:

My thinking:
Heel grip is not THE solution as the gap is much bigger than that and ball of foot insoles is a good solution because that is where the problem lies. with ball of foot insoles, my toes won't get squished. Heel grips can be used, but only as additional help (my heels are narrow and that needs help too).

Questions:
1. why is the heels keep slipping? is my feet continue shrinking as the weather gets colder or has the shoes stretches even more as i am putting the insoles?
2. is the foot petals insole really going to make the difference, stop my foot from slipping forward and holds it in place? sometimes i think the airpillo insole, although extremely cushiony and soft, don't stop my foot from slipping and this might even stretch my VP more? should i hunt or import footpetals?
3. if i keep adding ball of foot insoles, will that stretch my VP even more? is this a bad idea? i am even thinking of full length insoles now! I thought patent should not stretch?
4. Would a half size down solve the problem? Would any of you suggest this?

Sorry for the long post but I need to explain the problem and am really hoping for a solution because it is still my favorite model despite this issue. I don't want to part with them.
Please help me.:crybaby:

Thank you so, so much for your thoughts!:flowers:

Can- the only other thing I can think of is to take it to your cobbler and see if he can 'fill' the back heel. Check out the last couple posts from xtweetie3x in the CL Cobbler Resource thread.

the filling of the back heel with leather works very well. i took my wife's CL's to the cobbler xtweetie recommended (Arturo's) and he did an outstanding job. i would also suggest putting suede halters (the thick ones) on the insoles. they are very effective in keeping your feet from sliding forward. you'll need to do some adjusting to position them just right.

Thank you soo much for your opinions, sw33p3a and bogeyjay.
I am in Australia, so need to find a trustworthy cobbler here.
What is the suede halters? what does it look like and where can i get it from?
Also, should i be worried about the shoes keep stretching after the "procedure"?

I feel so bad for you. I have a pair of Jimmy Choo merrit pumps. Well I have a few. But one pair has stretched so much that I can't wear it anymore. It makes no sense since I have other shoes in the same style and size. I am a believer that some cuts of shoes aren't made for me and I won't buy a shoe that needs pads or work before I wear it. That being said. The stretching has happened to shoes that fit me perfectly. I haven't found a solution but I wanted to tell you that you aren't alone.

the other thing you can try which i've done in some of my shoes, is to put what's meant to be the heel cushion inside the top of the front of the shoe. i.e.underneath the part of the shoe that would touch the top of your foot, which kind of fills up the space if the problem is a toe box that is too loose and allowing your feet to slide forward

Hey CAN. I totally know how you feel about this because I have the same shoes, and had the same problem. I wouldn't recommend you to put anything in the insole, because I've done that and it stretched the shoe for me. It did help from slippage, but the front part of my foot was so tight from the padding it started to hurt as well. The only thing that keeps it from slippage are my FOOT PETALS STRAPPY STRIPS (http://www.footpetals.com/cgi-bin/footpetals/item.html?mv_arg=Strappy Strips). I put 2 of them on each shoe on the back edges (as close as possible to the top but making sure they don't show) and they keep my feet intact and no more slippage occurs. I'm pretty sure you can go to any department store hosiery section (macys, bloomingdales, nordstroms, etc) and get similar ones in different brands (i've tried a few others and they work fine, i.e gel straps; just make sure it's the "straps"). Hope this helps!

Thank you japskivt, i am sorry to hear this is happening to you. certainly feeling the pain here. =(
okay, i think i'll try the strips first as it is probably the least evasive, i'll try to find some strips and put it on the back heel. it kinda makes sense since the strips are longer and maybe provide better hold. thank you xtweetie3x!
if this does not work then i will try lvpiggy's suggestion with the heel pads as i am sure they are thicker but i am a bit scared to try it as it may stretch my shoes even more. (does this happen to you lvpiggy? do your patent CL keep stretching or stop after awhile?)

I shall let you all know if this work for me or not... soonish. I'll hunt the strips first. And if it does, I'll certainly pm you, japskivt.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH EVERYONE FOR READING MY SUPER LONG POST AND FOR YOUR SYMPATHY AND SUGGESTIONS!!!!
:flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

I have the exact same problem with my Architeks! I have these grippy things in the front but they don't help much. When I'm out and my feet start to slip, it's so embarrassing because I don't want to look like I'm wearing shoes that are incorrectly sized!

Okay. I have found strappy strips but from Dr. Scholl's. They are gel strappy strips. They don't hold well and tend to scrunch up and can get really messy. I haven't managed to find the suede halter (must find a trusted cobbler first) but Dr Scholl has leather heel liner (heel grip, from suede), which I have put in on my VP and helmut, seem to do a good job at gripping my heels! Not completely slip-free for my VP (still need to look for the suede halter) but i agree with bogeyjay, suede seems to work best!

if this does not work then i will try lvpiggy's suggestion with the heel pads as i am sure they are thicker but i am a bit scared to try it as it may stretch my shoes even more. (does this happen to you lvpiggy? do your patent CL keep stretching or stop after awhile?)

sorry to hear you're having such problems :tdown: no, i've found that my shoes stretched a bit and then stopped . . . . usually after the first 3 or 4 wears, but then i am pretty hard on my shoes as I tend to wear them 8 hours at a time for shopping, dancing, etc :rolleyes: