Opinions please, purchasing a Chanel jumbo....

blackquilt

O.G.
May 14, 2011
The couple of Chanel boutiques I called to order my caviar jumbo were sold out (all the classics are gone), I was told. Bergdorf's has one coming from their warehouse... should I get this one, or wait (suits me better), until the ones come into Chanel boutique (2nd Janurary). My question really is, do you think the bag will appear as will a price increase? Or should I just get the one from Bergdorf? Basically, I just don't want to wait to hear that the new bags came in and they're now several hundred $'s more... hmmm decisions, decisions...
Thanks in advance:smile:

I was in the same boat when I got my jumbo. It was right before the price increase and I've been waiting for it to come back in stock. Forget about being at the store- they were selling out from the warehouse before they even got to the store. So, I wanted to get one for sure so I the SA ordered it from the NM warehouse and it was shipped to my house. If you're really picky, like me, I don't think you should order from the warehouse. You should wait and inspect the bag thoroughly. From personal experience, Chanel's leathers look slightly different from bag to bag since naturally, each calf is different. Also, there can be scratches. My main problem is that some of the quiltings had indentations in them- which drove me crazy. So in conclusion, I think you should wait lol. Usually, the SAs will know if there will be a price increase and many tPFers will confirm it too. So, hopefully the price increase won't come as a surprise.

I was in the same boat when I got my jumbo. It was right before the price increase and I've been waiting for it to come back in stock. Forget about being at the store- they were selling out from the warehouse before they even got to the store. So, I wanted to get one for sure so I the SA ordered it from the NM warehouse and it was shipped to my house. If you're really picky, like me, I don't think you should order from the warehouse. You should wait and inspect the bag thoroughly. From personal experience, Chanel's leathers look slightly different from bag to bag since naturally, each calf is different. Also, there can be scratches. My main problem is that some of the quiltings had indentations in them- which drove me crazy. So in conclusion, I think you should wait lol. Usually, the SAs will know if there will be a price increase and many tPFers will confirm it too. So, hopefully the price increase won't come as a surprise.
Thank you ehy210! You articulated very well what I was feeling. I'm very picky, and I do think I'll take my chances and wait for them to come to my SA in Soho, who always sends me lovely bags.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond! :smile:

from all indications on this forum, it is almost a certainty that there will be a price increase by the new year.

if you dont want to spend the extra $$$$, take the plunge now.

after reading about yet another impending price hike i ordered a classic flap, unseen, from Christina @ NM Troy and it was perfect. she is a great SA to work with.

her contact info is:

Christina Abro
Chanel Accessories
Neiman Marcus, Troy
248.643.3300 ext. 2183
[email protected]

from all indications on this forum, it is almost a certainty that there will be a price increase by the new year.

if you dont want to spend the extra $$$$, take the plunge now.

after reading about yet another impending price hike i ordered a classic flap, unseen, from Christina @ NM Troy and it was perfect. she is a great SA to work with.

her contact info is:

Christina Abro
Chanel Accessories
Neiman Marcus, Troy
248.643.3300 ext. 2183
[email protected]
Thank you for your input ShoSho811. That was my concern too - the bags will arrive with the increase.

Thanks for the recommendation too, I also want to get a mini flap, so I'm kinda stalling a bit - lol...
I may give her a call :smile: