Opinions please! (Pierotucci bag)

BgaHolic

Emma 4ever in my <3
O.G.
May 23, 2009
Hi handbag mavens!

I have my eye on this bag for quite some time and have been communicating with the company. However, photos are deceiving and this isn't something I "need" just like. With that in mind, what do you think of the overall dimensions? I think the base sounds quite wide (17 1/2" across X 14" high, strap drop, I think they said 10" but can be adjusted less.) This is a stock item. They don't manufacture this bag personally. I am a petite frame, 5"5". Hold off or click on the mouse?

http://www.pierotucci.com/bags/hobos/Marco_Buggiani_Hobo_Bag_in_Italian_Leather_2486.htm

Color: Dark Brown

Love it!! I think the base sounds wide when it's laid out. Seems like a smooshy bag so when you put your items inside it will smoosh in so to speak and not appear so bulky.

I'm itching to pull the trigger on a Pierotucci bag myself. Can't wait until you order yours. ;)

It's a beautiful bag. One consideration: it's just over 2" deep. Some wallets and cases are deeper than 2". You might want to plan what you would be able to carry inside. But, again, it's a beautiful bag!

Classy and useful looking bag not to mention, great value for money IMO.

It does sound large but it should be fine since it's not hard-framed or stiff and you are buying it in brown, dark colours strangely seem to make bags appear not so large as lighter or brighter colours, it's also the kind of bag that will look fine however much or little you put in. The bag should also be fairly light with less hardware.

If you do get the bag, please model it for us and pass on info of the quality.

good luck BgaHolic

Last edited:
I've noticed bags don't end up as wide as they say, I just got one that said 17 inch wide, it's 14, that happened to me before. I think it's if you stretch it at it's widest point and measure, and that doesn't stay that way naturally. I love 14 inch width, so I look for one that says 15 to 17, end up happy

Thanks everyone! I've been discussing this bag with a colleague of mine who is from Italy and she said it's as good as any other and where she is from many of the manufacturers manufacture bags for the designers. As soon as I make the plunge I promise to reveal. Thank you so much!!