Opinions please on tea rose items

Dec 29, 2013
Hi everyone. I'd like to ask your opinion about Coach's tea rose items.

Last year I bought the chalk tea rose dinky and love it. I don't use it a lot, mostly because I usually carry larger purses, but I love the occasions when I can carry it.

That led me to buy the black saddle bag with the burgundy and black tea roses. Wasn't sure if the saddle bag would work for me, but I love it!!

I thought that was it for tea rose bags for me. But then I saw the beechwood tea rose rogue. Oh my gosh. I think it's gorgeous!! I'm not usually a flowery person, but there's something about the tea roses! The beechwood is such a gorgeous neutral and I love the other accent colors with it.

I march to the beat of my own drum, but I don't want to look like I did in the 80s, lol. I wear what I want whether it's in or not. I wear boot leg jeans even when skinny jeans are in, haha. My style is more classic though, I don't buy a lot of trendy things.

However, I do wonder if this tea rose design is too much of a fad or too trendy. Will I love it years from now? Will I look silly carrying it? I'm in my 40s if that matters. When I pay that much for something, I plan to keep it for years.

Just looking for opinions as I try to sort this out in my brain.

Well, I will be interested in what others have to say, but I think the beechwood color is classic and I think the tea rose is pretty classic. Boho Chic has been in for years. It's just really grown up hippy and flowers are always in during the spring. And it's leather and classic

I have the Anna Sui duffle from a few years ago. It's very 70's rocker chic and i worried about the same thing when I bought it, but it's still in and it's cool and I get tons of compliments every time I use it. If you were looking at another color, I would be more concerned, but really, its' a classic color with a twist.

I just got the same bag and I'm about to turn 50.

Reactions: Suzanne B.
Well, I will be interested in what others have to say, but I think the beechwood color is classic and I think the tea rose is pretty classic. Boho Chic has been in for years. It's just really grown up hippy and flowers are always in during the spring. And it's leather and classic

I have the Anna Sui duffle from a few years ago. It's very 70's rocker chic and i worried about the same thing when I bought it, but it's still in and it's cool and I get tons of compliments every time I use it. If you were looking at another color, I would be more concerned, but really, its' a classic color with a twist.

I just got the same bag and I'm about to turn 50.

Thank you so much for replying! It is always helpful to read others' opinions. I understand what you're saying about it being Boho Chic. I really find the beechwood to be a nice non-boring classic neutral and I agree the flowers add a twist. Classic is what I like so I really appreciate your input!

The fact that you are 50 and just got this bag is pushing me over the edge. I'm not far behind you. :smile:

I agree with Galaxygrrl, I don't think it's too young for anyone. Go with what you like, not what everyone else likes. I've never been one to fall in with the latest fad, I always went in the opposite direction......and I still do and I'm over 50. I'm the most non conforming un pc person you'd probably ever meet. :yes:

I agree with Galaxygrrl, I don't think it's too young for anyone. Go with what you like, not what everyone else likes. I've never been one to fall in with the latest fad, I always went in the opposite direction......and I still do and I'm over 50. I'm the most non conforming un pc person you'd probably ever meet. :yes:

Thanks for your opinion Suzanne. My wallet may not be thanking you in the near future, but I am. :smile:

I didn't know if the flowers were a fad, and I didn't want to fall for it then regret it. This purse is one of those items that I saw, loved, tried to forget about, but I keep thinking about it.

Sounds like we might get along great, lol.

Reactions: Suzanne B.
+1

Thanks for your opinion Suzanne. My wallet may not be thanking you in the near future, but I am. :smile:

I didn't know if the flowers were a fad, and I didn't want to fall for it then regret it. This purse is one of those items that I saw, loved, tried to forget about, but I keep thinking about it.

Sounds like we might get along great, lol.
You saw it and couldn't stop thinking about it, that shows you REALLY liked that bag. That's when I know I'm in trouble, when I can't quit thinking about something. When that happens I know I'll eventually end up with whatever that item is. :yes: I don't think it's a fad, tea rose bags are too expensive to be a fad. :lol: But, so what if was? Fads may fade away, but those that really love the items keep on using them and there's nothing wrong with that either. :tup:

Saks has this bag. They have 25% off coupons sometimes. They should have one soon.

Also, Macys at Herald Square has it. If you call them and you ask them for the friends and family 30% off discount, they might give it to you. I talked to them and said, it does not count for the coach 1941. I asked to talk to a manger, and said, I read online that people where getting the 30% off and was told they made some mistakes, but they would honor it for me. It did not take much to get the 30% off.

Hobbsy, Galaxygrrl, and Suzanne,

You sure are good enablers! I would love to get 30% off. Would make it easier to pull the trigger. But if not, you all have convinced me that what matters is if I like it, and I obviously do. Thank you all again. I'll report back. :smile:

Reactions: Hobbsy
Well I have the black tea rose 25 and love it, and I'm 65..age is just a number
That bag is gorgeous yellowbernie! If I didn't already have the black tea rose saddle, I'd have a hard time choosing between the black and beechwood tea rose rogues. You are right. Age is just a number! You're only as old as you feel. Some days I feel 70 and some days I feel like I'm 7. :P

Saks has this bag. They have 25% off coupons sometimes. They should have one soon.

Also, Macys at Herald Square has it. If you call them and you ask them for the friends and family 30% off discount, they might give it to you. I talked to them and said, it does not count for the coach 1941. I asked to talk to a manger, and said, I read online that people where getting the 30% off and was told they made some mistakes, but they would honor it for me. It did not take much to get the 30% off.

Interesting that they said they made some mistakes - I kinda don't buy that excuse. Probably Coach heard about it and told them not to do that, especially since it's really a Coach boutique in a store, and is listed as a Coach boutique on Coach's website, rather than merely a department store section. Glad I moved fast though to buy my Rogue 25 and get that discount. :biggrin:

Hobbsy, Galaxygrrl, and Suzanne,

You sure are good enablers! I would love to get 30% off. Would make it easier to pull the trigger. But if not, you all have convinced me that what matters is if I like it, and I obviously do. Thank you all again. I'll report back. :smile:

Let me make this easy. Call Macy's at Herald Square. Tell them to read this thread. They gave me 30% off on that bag. Here is my receipt. They should honor it for you. :smile:

Attachments

• Macys.jpg
    Macys.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 662