Opinions please on setting my pink diamond

jpup

Jul 14, 2011
I purchased a Fancy purplish pink diamond recently and am having trouble deciding on how to have it set. It's only .36 carats and its a modified brilliant oval- so it's pretty small. 4.77 x 3.75.
My finger is not tiny-more like a 6 and 1/2 so I want some finger coverage, but don't want to overwhelm my petite diamond. So first are pics of my diamond which turns very purplish pink in sunlight with its strong blue fluorescence!!

OK- then are 3 options I'm considering. I'm going to put them in three different posts, so I can explain my thought process for each.

Any feedback and thoughts will be really appreciated!! :smile:

Attachments

• pink diamond oval.jpg
    pink diamond oval.jpg
    500.4 KB · Views: 1,863
  • pink diamond oval 1.jpg
    pink diamond oval 1.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 1,713
Now- first option for setting is a "flower" ring based loosely on a Cartier orchid or similar type. This would be about the size of a nickel so not too large that I couldn't wear it a lot. But wonder if I'd get tired of it.
Here's a pic of the general idea, but the designer would probably use more little pink diamonds in the pave and it would NOT be an exact copy-this is for general reference only.

Attachments

• i3179h005220.jpg
    i3179h005220.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,711
Option 2 has great finger coverage and is shown with a 1/2 carat yellow with similar dimensions to my pink diamond. This was made by Maytal Hannah-and if I choose this setting I'd have her make it,too.

Attachments

• 282431_140226016065182_3496365_n.jpg
    282431_140226016065182_3496365_n.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,657
  • maytal hannah ring.jpg
    maytal hannah ring.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,949
Last edited:
Option 3- some sort of 3 stone haloed ring. I"m an artist and I like fun and unusual things. I'm afraid I'd think this was too "mainstream". But at the same time-it's a very elegant and classic look-and would give great finger coverage.
So- PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Attachments

• 15247b.JPG
    15247b.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,581
jpup said:
Option 3- some sort of 3 stone haloed ring. I"m an artist and I like fun and unusual things. I'm afraid I'd think this was too "mainstream". But at the same time-it's a very elegant and classic look-and would give great finger coverage.
So- PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE!!!!!!!:biggrin:

I love 3!! 2 isn't my cup of tea, 1 is pretty, but seems more risky.

Oh, thank you for the responses!!! Looks like #2 is not too popular. I have to admit option #1 is my fav-just wasn't sure what others would think of it. I feel this forum is very fashion oriented-so I'm excited that several of you like it,too.
#3 is still a contender if #1 turns out to be too expensive. I think in the softer pink color of the pink diamond it will be more subtle. I would also look at using trilliants as opposed to half moon sides,too. Or possibly haloing all three stones together rather than each having a halo- that would cut down on how busy the present ring looks.
I appreciate all the feedback so far-please keep them coming!!