opinions please: les clefs in black?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I was considering getting the les clefs scarf in black but I hesitate. I've never had a black scarf before. Does anyone have any advice or opinions about this color and design? I would really apreciate the help.

Also I love the red tassels but not sure if the keys will look good.

2. If you are talking about the scarf, Les Cles by Cathy Latham, in a black colorway it is beautiful. The keys are gold and look fabulous against the black.

3. The scarf is beautiful. The biggest mistake people make when wearing a black scarf is wearing it WITH too much black. Wear it with the other colors that are in the scarf ( red, gold, etc), not against a black sweater or top.

4. Les Clefs is stunning. Wear it against white

5. Thanks so much for the advice. I think I might go for it!

6. Love black on an Hermes designed scarf.....in fact, all my scarves ( what few I have ) have some black on them and most have a black background. It's a wearable color and the Cles scarf is especially lovely.

7. I don't have many black scarves, but do have a Black Keys, it is a "must have" for anyone's collection, classic Hermes at its best!

8. I think there is nothing chicer than a black Hermes Scarf-wearing it against white is an excellent suggestion-or To Tie For tied on a black bag.....

9. Wow! I don't know much about scarves. I have the black Les Cles on reserve. There were three scarves. A cobalt blue one with fish (so pretty I already got that one and will pick it up later this week), one with astrological signs, and the black Les Cles.

Oh goody. I'm so glad you said that because I am waiting for a black Paris-Bombay. I'll try tying the scarf on the bag. Can't wait to get my new goodies!!!
    Thanks so much.

10. I love them used as a belt. Great jeans, and a crisp white shirt...along with a wonderful bag, of course.

11. Les Cles is a great design but cheapened by the number of crappy fakes, and of course in black & white

For me, a design is "dead" once fakes abound :crybaby:

12. Thanks for your candor marietouchet. I can't believe they are faking scarves. That is definitely something to consider.

13. Please explain, marietouchet, what you mean by "of course in black & white"

Are you saying that there are lots of crappy fakes of Les Cles in black & white? Or are you saying that Les Cles is a great design in black & white?