Opinions please..J12 with diamonds or Rolex?

I have the Rolex Lady Datejust with a 2ct diamond bezel. This Rolex is in stainless. I sold a Rolex Lady Datejust in stainless/18kt yellow gold with a 1ct bezel. I love my Rolex I have now, and for dressier occasions I wear it. BUT I have the 33mm J12 with 2+ct diamond bezel, and I love it the most. The J12 is made in a factory in Switzerland and the ceramic used in the J12 is only exceeded in hardness by diamonds. on the MOHS scale a diamond ranks 10 and ceramic ranks 9. Therefore diamonds are the only material used to work form and polish the every ceramic part for the J12 watch.
The Rolex watch has a much longer history and track record than the J12, but the J12 has been a very strong seller since its debut in 2000.
The Rolex is a great watch, but don't discard the J12 as inferior.

Interesting information, and worth knowing :smile: I'm a watch "virgin" in many ways, but I do feel that the Chanel watch is more fashion-y, which there is certainly nothing wrong with (I have more clothing, shoes, and bags than a small nation would need, and adore fashion)... I just happen to think the Rolex is more timeless. Of course, all that matters is whether YOU (kristie) like the watch you are getting, and either will look great if you wear it with confidence :smile:

I have Rolex but never wear it. It just looks too traditional for me. My everyday watch right now is Cartier gold face with diamonds around and I love it. I ordered black J12 with diamond bezel and diamonds on the wrist band. And Nerphanie just got the same J12 you're interested in. It is soooo cute,chic,beautiful and tdf. You can dress it up or down. I think J12 is a better choice.

Wow...well in addition to the fact that Rolex will appreciate much more than Chanel, I also think Rolex is much classier, timeless watch whereas the Chanel is a bit trendy...I love the Chanel, and I own the Rolex...IMO, Rolex should be the first purchase, and it should be your classic everyday type of watch, the Chanel is something you may want to own in addition to other watches, and you would only wear on occasion...Tough choice, Good Luck!!

I have diamond markers as well as a diamond bezel I mentioned in my post on my Rolex. You are right, I look at watches ladies wear and so many times I see a Timex that is close in style to the Rolex Lady Datejust, without the diamond bezel.
I never get compliments on the Rolex, but the J12 commands a LOT of attention.

Timex and Seiko have watches that are so similar. But then again there are Chanel ceramic wannabe's too such as the Technomarines and others.

I remember when I bought the Rolex I was so sure I would get glances and compliments. Nada! Like I said, I see it as my workhorse.

Rolex! It's classic and elegant, a piece you can wear years from now and not regret. It holds it's value amazingly well and, personally, I prefer automatic movement to quartz.

I have a quartz Cartier I purchased three years ago, and I constantly have to service it, which has been quite costly. I've never ran into any problems with any of my Rolexes.

If it's staying power you're worried about, go for the classic first. You can purchase a J12 anytime, and maybe by then you won't even want it :smile:

I'd also go for Rolex. When I had the chance to choose I chose Rolex over anything else and I am so happy with my decision, I have never regretted it.

In fact, what I like is that as other girls say, it doesn't capture people's attention. It's discrete, classy and timeless and I chose it for that reason. I prefer people not noticing that I have a very expensive watch. Only people who have an interest for watches or who appreciate quality would know that I have a good watch and I love that.

Rolex! I have a midsize Yacht Master and wear it every single day. It's both elegant and sporty at the same time I'm not an expert but Chanel J12 sems a bit more trendy and delicate. You can never go wrong with a Rolex watch.

Timex and Seiko have watches that are so similar. But then again there are Chanel ceramic wannabes too such as the Technomarines and others.

I remember when I bought the Rolex I was so sure I would get glances and compliments. Nada! Like I said, I see it as my workhorse.

There are definitely Chanel ceramic wannabes out there - for instance the Hildago ceramic watch. It is real ceramic and has a real diamond bezel, but is SO inferior to the Chanel J12.

I'm not familiar with the Yachtmaster, but I wear a midsize Oyster Perpetual Datejust, and it's a great watch! Chanel is always more 'blingy', but although I love Chanel clothing and bags, for watches, I prefer going with established makers (Rolex, Patek Phillipe, Omega, etc...)

The mechanics of the watch are much better, and they hold and appreciate in value, even when used. Go Rolex!

i have two rolex watches: one stainless with a diamond bezel i wear everyday and one 18kt gold with diamond marker i wear more for evenings/nights out.
i love them both, but would adore a chanel watch in the future....i would not use it for every day though.
i'm no help, am i? sorry.:Push:
i think i'd advise you to start with a rolex, and when and if you can, get a chanel down the road ....i plan to!