Opinions please: Artbag or Lovinmybag?

I don't know about artbag, I'm sure somebody in the forum would be able to vouch for them. I sent my bags to lovinmybags for handle cleaning/touch up & scuffed corner repair and it costed me $65 (I mentioned a code--PM me if you want & that I was a PF member). They do rush service if you request for it, my bags came home safe & sound in a couple of weeks. They also (without my request) cleaned up an ink mark I had on that bag, and some scuffing by the buckles--I was really surprised & pleased :smile:

What kind of overhaul do you need done?

hatikuh said:
I don't know about artbag, I'm sure somebody in the forum would be able to vouch for them. I sent my bags to lovinmybags for handle cleaning/touch up & scuffed corner repair and it costed me $65 (I mentioned a code--PM me if you want & that I was a PF member). They do rush service if you request for it, my bags came home safe & sound in a couple of weeks. They also (without my request) cleaned up an ink mark I had on that bag, and some scuffing by the buckles--I was really surprised & pleased :smile:

What kind of overhaul do you need done?

MAJOR Overhaul! I will add photos in a minute but the bag has not held up well at all.The corners are missing the leather and they look so dirty, the handles are gross and darkened and then there's the issue of the back of the bag. For some reason it looks as if the color has come out of the leather? The front and sides are the color it should be but the back almost has a white cast to it. I guess they need to restore the entire back of the bag. It's bad and of course this is my MOST favorite of all my bbags, it just goes w/ everything.

I'd love to see pics! BTW chaussurewhore got her bbgm pink work completely overhauled @ lovinmybags and it looked pretty good! She did mention once that the leather doesn't quite feels the same afterwards though because of the repainting... Maybe if you could get away with just refurbishing the corners & handles, it'll be so much better since it's more subtle & wouldn't change the texture much on the main parts of the bag

Here are some photos

Attachments

• P1000711.JPG
    P1000711.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 169
  • P1000712.JPG
    P1000712.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 186
  • P1000713.JPG
    P1000713.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 158
  • P1000714.JPG
    P1000714.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 153
  • P1000715.JPG
    P1000715.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 160
  • P1000716.JPG
    P1000716.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 149
  • P1000717.JPG
    P1000717.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 134
  • P1000888.JPG
    P1000888.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 180
I just got back a '05 caramel city from lovinmybags that had corners worse than that! I was planning on posting some before and after photos this weekend. I had a great experience with them and would highly recommend them. The transformation to my bag was amazing, and Barbara was always very prompt with all of the emails I sent her. I was extremely nervous about shipping my bag off to someone, and am now thrilled to know that I have a great bag repair resource. PM me if you have any questions, and I will get back to you as soon as I can!

iluvhandbags said:
I just got back a '05 caramel city from lovinmybags that had corners worse than that! I was planning on posting some before and after photos this weekend. I had a great experience with them and would highly recommend them. The transformation to my bag was amazing, and Barbara was always very prompt with all of the emails I sent her. I was extremely nervous about shipping my bag off to someone, and am now thrilled to know that I have a great bag repair resource. PM me if you have any questions, and I will get back to you as soon as I can!

LOL! I saw your bag when I was at the studio! I was trying to figure out which PFer that lovely Caramel City belonged to! Barbara mentioned that it was a Pfers, but she couldn't remember the name. I remember her pointing out the Ink spot that you didn't mention. There was also a White City there that also belonged to a PFer. She won it on Ebay and it was darkened from a conditioner or cleaning product. Barbara was going to completely refurbish it. I'd love to see how it turned out!:nuts: