Opinions on which speedy to get

Feb 8, 2007
So....
I love the look of the speedy and have decided to finally get one--I currently own a DE Bloomsbury and mono neverfull. I love the DA pattern and the size 30. Although i have heard about the color transfer I feel as though it's a bag and I'm going to use it and not worry too much about that. That being said I also want a bag that I can wear more than 3 months a year-i live in New England. Maybe I could start wearing in April and carry through August/September? The mono is iconic and can be used year round. I don't want an ebene speedy because of the Bloomsbury. Would love all opinions. Am buying tomorrow so need your help!! Thanks!

So....
I love the look of the speedy and have decided to finally get one--I currently own a DE Bloomsbury and mono neverfull. I love the DA pattern and the size 30. Although i have heard about the color transfer I feel as though it's a bag and I'm going to use it and not worry too much about that. That being said I also want a bag that I can wear more than 3 months a year-i live in New England. Maybe I could start wearing in April and carry through August/September? The mono is iconic and can be used year round. I don't want an ebene speedy because of the Bloomsbury. Would love all opinions. Am buying tomorrow so need your help!! Thanks!
I think Azur is fine for winter also (winter whites and all that). Getting a mon mono could also be a fun option where you can personalize it and pick your colors.

So....
You would do fine with DA in terms of colour transfer if you're prone to wearing lighter clothes - anything that isn't dark wash denim, cheaper dyed fabrics, etc. - or tend to naturally carry your bags further away from your body such as by hand instead of in the crook of your arm. You would also be able to wear it in the winter so long as it's not disgustingly dirty outside (such as spring melt) and the same cautions were taken as if it were mono in terms of the vachetta

Reactions: Pinksweater
So you'd go with the DA over the MONO?
I think Azur is fine for winter also (winter whites and all that). Getting a mon mono could also be a fun option where you can personalize it and pick your colors.

You would do fine with DA in terms of colour transfer if you're prone to wearing lighter clothes - anything that isn't dark wash denim, cheaper dyed fabrics, etc. - or tend to naturally carry your bags further away from your body such as by hand instead of in the crook of your arm. You would also be able to wear it in the winter so long as it's not disgustingly dirty outside (such as spring melt) and the same cautions were taken as if it were mono in terms of the vachetta

I just got a DA NF, already owned a DA Pochette. No issues with color transfer. I can't wait to use the DA all spring and summer- it's such a great print, so light and fun! I would go for the DA.

DA is beautiful, but prone to colour transfer. I have a Neverfull and speedy B25 in DA. Only wear them in dry spring summer season strictly no jeans and dark clothes. Still got some blue color tranfer on my Neverfull.

If you are not worried for vacchetta, I would go for Monogram, otherwise DE. If I could only keep one bag that would be my Speedy B25 DE. Of course, check your wardrobe what colours you wear.