Opinions on used bag buy?

Emilleigh

Sep 17, 2019
I recently bought a used Rogue quilted with rivets, in used but good condition. I got it yesterday and it’s missing a shoulder strap. The seller swears she included it, but there wasn’t much else in the box and I searched very thoroughly, to no avail.
I paid $200, which seems like a decent price considering new unused bags go for twice that. Would you keep this bag?

holiday123

Jul 29, 2015
Sunny FL, USA
Do you mean it only has 1 of 2 shoulder straps? I only carry by the straps so I wouldn't keep it. If you only carry by the handles then it seems like an ok price, but maybe check FOS or outlet to see if you can find a NWT one?

Emilleigh

Sep 17, 2019
Do you mean it only has 1 of 2 shoulder straps? I only carry by the straps so I wouldn't keep it. If you only carry by the handles then it seems like an ok price, but maybe check FOS or outlet to see if you can find a NWT one?
Yes, it only has one of the shoulder straps. I would love to find one NWT but they’re all $400+. I think I’m going to return this anyway, I want the option of shoulder carry. Thank you for your input :heart:

Oct 31, 2019
B232D991-80C2-41DA-9F22-BAE0347B3B7E.jpeg I bought this dinky 32 for 80.00 used from Poshmark. ( it is currently on the outlet site for 249 ?) The reason it was so cheap is because it has 3 small marks by the turn lock ( can’t see them unless you are looking for them) and the some of the leather on the strap is missing. That really isn’t a big deal I have another strap just like it that I can switch out. BUT it doesn’t have the hang tag. Which drives me crazy lol. Am I just being to picky? I am considering sending it back but really like it . It will be impossible to find the exact hang tag. What would you do .... keep or return ??

Last edited:

Alexa5

Nov 2, 2011
View attachment 4798194 I bought this dinky 32 for 80.00 ( on the outlet site for 249 ? The reason it was so cheap is because it has 3 small marks by the turn lock ( can’t see them unless you are looking for them) and the some of the leather on the strap is missing. That really isn’t a big deal I have another strap just like it that I can switch out. BUT it doesn’t have the hang tag. Which drives me crazy lol. Am I just being to picky? I am considering sending it back but really like it . It will be impossible to find the exact hang tag. What would you do .... keep or return ??
You have to decide what you are okay with. I am generally not okay with bags from outlet/FOS that are in poor condition at any price. Because I know it is the luck of the draw--you can get a new/wrapped bag for that same sale price. Sometimes you get a bag that has been beat up in the store or in the returns process, and I know that is a risk--but I usually return those bags right away. Unless it is a very small problem I can live with.