Opinions on thread "What car does your chanel ride in?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

codyntara

O.G.
Oct 19, 2006
Is there something peculiar about a thread where members discuss the cars they drive their Chanel bags in. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I am surprised there were any responses. Handbags are one thing, and those of us that can wear Chanel are very fortunate, but posting the cars we drive. There are people losing their homes in this economy, nevermind cars.

kara_n

Feb 7, 2008
I don't find anything wrong with that thread. If you don't own a car, you don't have to post that. If you don't like the thread you can ignore it. Simple...I don't think too much about threads I guess. It was meant to be a fun thread I'm sure. If people are that sensitive maybe they should not be on the internet in the first place or at least avoid things that are going to make them feel bad or jealous...I mean, I've seen threads that people have posted their big house in (here and on other forums). Seems even more irrelevant to bags. I'm just saying if someone knows that they will be hurt and depressed after reading a thread on someones new Croco Diamond Birkin then they need to stay away from that thread. It isn't our fault if they get offended or upset.

This is just my opinion and I am not trying to start an argument and I do feel for peoples feelings, but I try to not read things that will make me depressed or jealous. I'm putting myself in that situation. Bad economy or not, there will always be people wealthier then you that might have fancier cars and bags. Some of these people brag and some don't. I posted in that thread. I didn't think that people would get angry over it. I mean, there are worse things they could be exposed to on the internet and on forums. I've seen worse threads, and that thread wasn't even bad to me. Again, my opinion...I'm sorry if I sound like a brat or if you didn't like that thread. You are entitled to your opinion as well!

Last edited:

vastare

O.G.
Feb 14, 2007
I was the person who created the thread. Did not know it would evoke so many controversies. I did not mean to offend anyone. It was just to see if people who like chanel for handbags, what kind of taste they had in cars. It has nothing to do with their economic status. People are reading too much into the thread. It has to be taken in the fun spirit as it was intended to be.
Infact, if you see Chanel handbags cost a minimum of $2500 which is lot of families monthly income. Why do we have to buy such a expensive handbag when a lot of familes are not sure they getting their next paycheck?

Last edited:

envyme

La Ilaha Illa Allah
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
Is there something peculiar about a thread where members discuss the cars they drive their Chanel bags in. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I am surprised there were any responses. Handbags are one thing, and those of us that can wear Chanel are very fortunate, but posting the cars we drive. There are people losing their homes in this economy, nevermind cars.

So, it is okay to talk about thousand dollar purses in this economy??:confused1: By your logic, people are losing their homes and here we are (YOU INCLUDED) lusting and buying Chanel purses at prices that can pay someone's mortgage.:confused1: Oh please!

yoga1566

Chanel fever
O.G.
Oct 19, 2006
I totally understand where you are coming from. There have been plenty of threads here that I thought were a little ridiculous, but why stress over stuff like that when you are reading it on a board where the tag line is "Shallow Obsessing Strongly Encouraged"? This is a purse forum, and I think you have to expect some really frivolous conversation to make it on to the board. But that's part of the fun for some of us.

On the other hand, I find there is a nice mix of thread topics available to join in on, so if you don't like one, you can turn your attention somewhere else. There were a couple of great threads where members debated whether it felt appropriate to continue shopping habits in the face of the current economy.

Live and let live.

Luccibag

O.G.
May 11, 2006
I didnt find it offensive or anything. I think people just run out of things to talk about and kind of make other "small talk" related posts. No biggie. You dont have to read it or respond.

bagmad73

O.G.
Oct 13, 2007
I totally understand where you are coming from. There have been plenty of threads here that I thought were a little ridiculous, but why stress over stuff like that when you are reading it on a board where the tag line is "Shallow Obsessing Strongly Encouraged"? This is a purse forum, and I think you have to expect some really frivolous conversation to make it on to the board. But that's part of the fun for some of us.

On the other hand, I find there is a nice mix of thread topics available to join in on, so if you don't like one, you can turn your attention somewhere else. There were a couple of great threads where members debated whether it felt appropriate to continue shopping habits in the face of the current economy.

Live and let live.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I didn't post in that thread because I didn't feel comfortable but I have no issues with others posting or starting a thread like that!!!

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
don't participate if you don't like it.

I didn't respond because I'm not particularly interested, but I don't care that others ARE interested.
I can actually see the appeal of a thread like this; obviously we all love Chanel, it's interesting to find out what else we all may have in common.
A Chanel bag is FAR more frivolous than a car in this economy, if someone is so disturbed, maybe a forum dedicated soley to "shallow obsessing" isn't right for them in this tough economical time:shrugs:
In the meantime, the rest of us like the diversion if you will.

envyme

La Ilaha Illa Allah
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
don't participate if you don't like it.

I didn't respond because I'm not particularly interested, but I don't care that others ARE interested.
I can actually see the appeal of a thread like this; obviously we all love Chanel, it's interesting to find out what else we all may have in common.
A Chanel bag is FAR more frivolous than a car in this economy, if someone is so disturbed, maybe a forum dedicated soley to "shallow obsessing" isn't right for them in this tough economical time:shrugs:
In the meantime, the rest of us like the diversion if you will.

Word!:tup: (BTW, we need a Buffalo Stance smiley)

codyntara

O.G.
Oct 19, 2006
So, it is okay to talk about thousand dollar purses in this economy??:confused1: By your logic, people are losing their homes and here we are (YOU INCLUDED) lusting and buying Chanel purses at prices that can pay someone's mortgage.:confused1: Oh please!

This is a Purseforum, so yes it is ok to discuss purses, or anything else for that matter. We are also free to express our opinion (YOU INCLUDED). I just was expressing mine. That's what this forum is all about.

envyme

La Ilaha Illa Allah
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
This is a Purseforum, so yes it is ok to discuss purses, or anything else for that matter. We are also free to express our opinion (YOU INCLUDED). I just was expressing mine. That's what this forum is all about.

Then why did you start a thread in critique of another thread discussing cars? You are not making any sense. It seems like you either started this thread just for the hell of it or you have some sort of inferiority complex regarding the car that you drive. You are acting like that thread was some sort of p*ssing contest. There have been quite a few threads regarding cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.