Opinions on this necklace?

ShopAddikt

Must-not-shop
O.G.
Jan 19, 2009
I received this necklace for my birthday except in 18k gold and Im not sure how I feel about it. Im not big on accessories. I normally prefer simple pieces. I feel bad exchanging it so Im thinking of just getting a longer chain so it doesnt sit high on my chest. I feel like it would draw too much attention up high since its a large pendant but everyone is saying if I get a longer chain that itll look fake. I honestly dont care if it looks fake. I know its real. Im torn. I know Im horrible being picky with a gift but I also dont want it to go to waste either. :/

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/heavenlytreasuresjewelry_2134_408971826

I like the pendant! how long is the current chain?
I feel with a large pendant its more proportional to have it hand a bit lower. I have a st onge diamond pendant that is 2 inches long. I wear it on a 20inch chain so it sits lower. its not too long wear it looks costumey but enough that its proportional to the size of the pendant.

I like the pendant! how long is the current chain?
I feel with a large pendant its more proportional to have it hand a bit lower. I have a st onge diamond pendant that is 2 inches long. I wear it on a 20inch chain so it sits lower. its not too long wear it looks costumey but enough that its proportional to the size of the pendant.
My thoughts exactly. It feels like its a long choker (eww) lol. I think the current chain is 18" so I was thinking 20" as well. Hopefully they have the chain in that length. I dont even know what Id wear that with.

I like it, but agree I'd like it longer.

heavenlytreasuresjewelry_2134_408971826.jpg

I wear my longer chain with everything, from dresses for work to t shirts or more casual things on the weekend. the pendant is very sparkely and the loner chain makes it more wearable and a bit more casual I think. try it out you'll probably like it!
ITA about shorter chains I dont like when they feel choker-ish blech!

It's a beautiful pendant and I think it's simple and versatile enough to wear it both casually and for dressier occasions. I have a huge pendant (I really mean huge), and I have 3 chains for it. An 18-inch WG chain that came with the pendant, a longer 28-inch DBTY chain, and a 16-inch grey silk cord from VCA. I usually wear the pendant shorter at dressy dinners and longer like a sautoir when I'm in casual wear.