Opinions on this Gucci bucket bag? (please pleaseee help!)

kattiepie

Dec 2, 2005
for anyone who has seen this bag or owns this bag, any opinions? It's going for a ridiculously discounted price at designergoodsonline.. and even though it might sound like sale goggles, I HAVE been eyeing this for a while. I just can't figure out whether or not it would be a practical bag. (Plus, I've been watching my spending because I'm planning on 3 LV purchases in the next month.. :nuts:) So what do you think? It's supposed to be 9x10x4, if those dimensions help you get a better idea of it. Thanks!

designergoods_1880_33617883

[edit]
oh I also forgot to mention that I would probably be using this for school. Luckily, none of my books or notebooks are very large- I know that they would fit in the purse for sure.

I tried it on at Neimans and liked it pretty well, I want it in pink though!
I agree, if you stuff it w/ books, it could be uncomfotable, you'd need nice wide straps for that, otherwise I really like this bag.

I have the bucket (grey denim) for a very long time (very old model), I don't use it anymore although I used to use it everyday. I think I have the bigger one though (medium, 14x12x4.5 approx) which is a very practical size. The one you want sounds a little small for everyday use and don't think it fits books, get the medium one if I were you. There is even a larger one but you can't carry it on your shoulder.

The only thing I don't like about it is the corners at the bottom, there is no leather protection, so the material does get frail with heavy use. But to be fair I didn't take good care of it, I dumped it everywhere even on the floor...shame.

Hope it helps.

I bought a prada sport messenger bag from them last year. The leather is spectacular and the overall quality is exceptional. Its the only Prada thing I own. I'd be curious to see what others have to say.