Opinions on this cruise bag please

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
I have seen a gorgeous bag on Gucci's website for Cruise

I would be honoured if you would give me your opinion

either the yellow http://www.gucci.com/uk/uk-english/uk/cruise-10/handbags/#0-1097568-232950A7M0N7620

or orangybrown python

http://www.gucci.com/uk/uk-english/uk/cruise-10/handbags/#0-1097568-232950EIA2N7685

I have a tan (officially its called tobacco) med horse-bit hobo already and ALWAYS wanted a large (plainer style) hobo and thought I might have to settle for a black (not that I don't like black but I have other V nice black bags too)

I love this particular yellow 100% esp in this style. I also like the colour of the python and the quality of both bags looks excellent IMO.

Other bags I like are the off-white med Secret and the large silver python sukey. The off-white secret with off-white LINEN panels is of course going to be the most high maintenance bag on the planet - ever (if it's leather lined I'm going to be very very tempted though) and the silver python sukey is just out of this world but I do already have 2 large silver bags (a Balenciaga and Tanner and Krolle) .

Here's the off-white Secret

http://www.gucci.com/uk/uk-english/uk/cruise-10/handbags/#0-1093215-223948GA4LT9006

and here's the Sukey

http://www.gucci.com/uk/uk-english/uk/cruise-10/handbags/#0-1093236-211943ELE1N8102

I'll have to try them all on IRL of course but I would like your input before I ask for my store to make sure they get any.all of these in for me to see.

I could/should wait till the Summer to decide but there's no guarantee I'll get the bag I really want unless I'm pro-active and get it near the beginning of the season.

hi papertiger, all are nice bags.

1. orangebrown python - if it´s the same colour as on the pic, think this can go for everything

2. the yellow - nice colour

3.the off-white Secret - really nice bag - but what about dirt

4. the Sukey - much to "silver" to me

Hi dear, are you still up too :nuts:? And are you already planning your next bag, naughty girl :graucho:. J/K, Actually I'm doing the same, today I posted a thread for advice in the H. thread.

Out of the four bags I'm leaning toward the yellow one or the orangybrown python.
I think the white is very hard to take care of and since you already have two large silver bags, I wouldn't buy another silver one. Besides that, the Sukey is a little bit too much bling for me KWIM?

What about this one, I like this Secret one too:
http://www.gucci.com/uk/uk-english/uk/cruise-10/handbags/#0-1093191-223941G4YMT9369

Hi dear, are you still up too :nuts:? And are you already planning your next bag, naughty girl :graucho:. J/K, Actually I'm doing the same, today I posted a thread for advice in the H. thread.

Out of the four bags I'm leaning toward the yellow one or the orangybrown python.
I think the white is very hard to take care of and since you already have two large silver bags, I wouldn't buy another silver one. Besides that, the Sukey is a little bit too much bling for me KWIM?

What about this one, I like this Secret one too:
http://www.gucci.com/uk/uk-english/uk/cruise-10/handbags/#0-1093191-223941G4YMT9369

:nuts: While you were giving me good advice I was trying to advise you on your new thread! Must have been the exact time too :ghi5:

and - yes, I'm still up too - even after only 4 hours of sleep last night :girlwhack:

I thought about that new Secret flap but then I thought - I need a new bag that I can open and shut in less that 10 mins (if it's anything like my other Secret flap :P) I will look at that bag if they have it because I love the colour of the croc too and I like the straw. I'm just not sure about that light brown leather - I would prefer it on another bag. Again, if it's leather-lined I'll have bigger trouble choosing.

Do you really think the Sukey's silver is too 'bling'? - I thought with casual summer clothes or very minimal grey/black/white it might look good. I think I have to see it away from the studio lights too. I know its big to be that silver and it might not be leather lined like the hobo (actually prob not) and that puts me off.

hi papertiger, all are nice bags.

1. orangebrown python - if it´s the same colour as on the pic, think this can go for everything

2. the yellow - nice colour

3.the off-white Secret - really nice bag - but what about dirt

4. the Sukey - much to "silver" to me

So your still up too queen? And I thought I was going to get advice from the other side of the world.

1. That's what I thought and should be good with my hair too.

2. I'm Sooo PLEASED you (and **CHANEL**) think so too - I was ready for lots of - "but it's very yellow". Prob the only shade of yellow I can wear.

3. That's what I think and that bag will NOT look good even a little bit dirty. It's still a formal bag.

4. OK I get the message :blush:

:nuts: While you were giving me good advice I was trying to advise you on your new thread! Must have been the exact time too :ghi5:

and - yes, I'm still up too - even after only 4 hours of sleep last night :girlwhack:

I thought about that new Secret flap but then I thought - I need a new bag that I can open and shut in less that 10 mins (if it's anything like my other Secret flap :P) I will look at that bag if they have it because I love the colour of the croc too and I like the straw. I'm just not sure about that light brown leather - I would prefer it on another bag. Again, if it's leather-lined I'll have bigger trouble choosing.

Do you really think the Sukey's silver is too 'bling'? - I thought with casual summer clothes or very minimal grey/black/white it might look good. I think I have to see it away from the studio lights too. I know its big to be that silver and it might not be leather lined like the hobo (actually prob not) and that puts me off.

Lol, still can't sleep here....and me too last night I had about 4 hours sleep too. I must have a look in the H. thread soon, I got some much advice today and I'm soooo confused, really don't know anymore what to pick :P. And I think that I really have to loose some weight, because I gained some weight lately (it's that time of the month, you know :smile:

Okay, back to topic. I'm sure that the Sukey will look good with casual clothes or black/grey/white neutrals but you already have two silver bags.
Do you wear them often? I'm asking because one year ago I bought a silver Prada bag. When I saw it, I was in love. But at the end it was an impulsive buy, because I never worn it, it was just too bling for me. Sometimes I even think my Moujik is too bling. Off course this is jmho.

Lol about that you need a bag that you can open and shut in less than 10 minutes, I can totally imagine that you're shopping and that you have to pay for something but your bag will not open that easy :P.
Maybe that's a reason for not to buy another Secret. But, if you had to pick a bag between the 4 you wrote down, right away atm, which one would you pick? Which one sings to you?
Trust your feelings, I heard that advice earlier today and now I'll give it to you ;).

I actually LOVE the Sukey and im NOT into metallics!I think its super pretty!
I CANT judge the yellow bag cuz i cant stand that color on me!!HEHE

Yes, it's def a certain yellow :P. I have reddish blond hair so any other yellow is terrible on me but I perked up straight away when I saw this years summer colours.

I really like the yellow one or the orangybrown python. I have an SA at Nordstroms that will call me when they get it in black. I just notices a picture of this bag in white Guccissima on Saks.com. I didn't realize it is a very large bag. I may go for the medium instead of the large.

Lol, still can't sleep here....and me too last night I had about 4 hours sleep too. I must have a look in the H. thread soon, I got some much advice today and I'm soooo confused, really don't know anymore what to pick :P. And I think that I really have to loose some weight, because I gained some weight lately (it's that time of the month, you know :smile:

Okay, back to topic. I'm sure that the Sukey will look good with casual clothes or black/grey/white neutrals but you already have two silver bags.
Do you wear them often? I'm asking because one year ago I bought a silver Prada bag. When I saw it, I was in love. But at the end it was an impulsive buy, because I never worn it, it was just too bling for me. Sometimes I even think my Moujik is too bling. Off course this is jmho.

Lol about that you need a bag that you can open and shut in less than 10 minutes, I can totally imagine that you're shopping and that you have to pay for something but your bag will not open that easy :P.
Maybe that's a reason for not to buy another Secret. But, if you had to pick a bag between the 4 you wrote down, right away atm, which one would you pick? Which one sings to you?
Trust your feelings, I heard that advice earlier today and now I'll give it to you ;).

One last post for tonight ha ha - I always think that.

I know, these decisions are hard. Winter was easy for me there was a clear winner and it was love at first sight. I only have four (or maybe 5) bags to choose from it must be even harder to choose an SO Birkin. Judging from the pics you took you certainly do not need to lose 6 kg!!!

You are right about having two silver bags already and I certainly don't have a sunshine yellow or such a big beautiful python (my mother will hate it though because she loves snakes - alive)

I also have my rather shiny blingy leather heart Boston that my BF bought me for Valentines (I was so not sure about that bag when I first saw it but I couldn't take that one back could I :heart::drinkup:) And your Moujic is magic, I remember your reveal. Sometimes we have to be brave too. I love my bag now

The white Secret has a zip so there would be no fussing with that model and it is sooo beautiful . But to have a bag I couldn't go out with :s

Before trying them on IRL it's difficult. I have ALWAYS wanted and waited for a large type of horse-bit hobo to come along - what's that song? ..."and it was all yellow... but that snake is singing to me too :whistle:

I really like the yellow one or the orangybrown python. I have an SA at Nordstroms that will call me when they get it in black. I just notices a picture of this bag in white Guccissima on Saks.com. I didn't realize it is a very large bag. I may go for the medium instead of the large.

That's right, the med comes in tan too which also looks great. I already have similar in med so that's why I'd like large this time. I like large bags and smaller bags (usually I carry both) my mediums are a little neglected ATM. To me 38 X 40 does not seem so big, I often carry my black leather travel tote which must be 50 + cm wide so I'm sure the size will be ok on me.

I have seen a gorgeous bag on Gucci's website for Cruise

I would be honoured if you would give me your opinion

either the yellow http://www.gucci.com/uk/uk-english/uk/cruise-10/handbags/#0-1097568-232950A7M0N7620

or orangybrown python

http://www.gucci.com/uk/uk-english/uk/cruise-10/handbags/#0-1097568-232950EIA2N7685

I have a tan (officially its called tobacco) med horse-bit hobo already and ALWAYS wanted a large (plainer style) hobo and thought I might have to settle for a black (not that I don't like black but I have other V nice black bags too)

I love this particular yellow 100% esp in this style. I also like the colour of the python and the quality of both bags looks excellent IMO.

Other bags I like are the off-white med Secret and the large silver python sukey. The off-white secret with off-white LINEN panels is of course going to be the most high maintenance bag on the planet - ever (if it's leather lined I'm going to be very very tempted though) and the silver python sukey is just out of this world but I do already have 2 large silver bags (a Balenciaga and Tanner and Krolle) .

Here's the off-white Secret

http://www.gucci.com/uk/uk-english/uk/cruise-10/handbags/#0-1093215-223948GA4LT9006

and here's the Sukey

http://www.gucci.com/uk/uk-english/uk/cruise-10/handbags/#0-1093236-211943ELE1N8102

I'll have to try them all on IRL of course but I would like your input before I ask for my store to make sure they get any.all of these in for me to see.

I could/should wait till the Summer to decide but there's no guarantee I'll get the bag I really want unless I'm pro-active and get it near the beginning of the season.

I say the yellow and silver bags are a YAY.. They may even go on sale right before summer 2010 if you can wait that long.

I got my eye on a yellow and silver bag as well from the cruise section.
http://www.gucci.com/uk/uk-english/uk/cruise-10/handbags/#0-1093198-228584AA61N7620
http://www.gucci.com/us/us-english/us/cruise-10/handbags/#0-1096186-211944AHB1N8102

As for the orangybrown python and the off whit secret - I think their okay as well. It looks like Gucci has designed bags in this cruise section that look more like luxury bags again.:yahoo:

I like the silver sukey a lot.. it is almost shiny like white..(however do you already have several silver bag????) if not I will go with this one.

The White secret is nice..(you know what I will see... it will be too high maintanence.. )

The icon bit large hobo.. I like the yellow better thou..

but among all.. if I dont have any silver bag.. I will go with the sukey!

Papertiger needing advice!! :lol::roflmfao: I guess sometimes we can all use some! Especially me!!!!!!!! I'm not going to be of help at all because my first choice would be the yellow. I love the simplicity of it and the color is perfect. My second is the white. I am gaga over it!! I think it is drop dead gorgeous! Not a lover of skin bags and IMO the Sukey was too much bling for me.

I think you will make the right decision in the end. Best of luck!! :woohoo: