Opinions on this Alexander McQueen bag...

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has seen this bag in person?

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Alexand...ctAds&ci_sku=prod162440191skuBLACK&ci_gpa=pla

I am looking for a timeless black bag, durable, the size seem perfect for me and I love the pebbled leather! Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. I also love the gold Skull!
I really love the look of Alexander McQueen -- his clutches (both Demanta and skull clutches), his bags, everything - but I don't own any, unfortunately, so I can't speak for the quality or durability. It does feel quite nice, though.

This bag is gorgeous. I love it. And I love the skull. And I'm 37 years old and I'd rock that thing until I was freaking in my 50s or later. I say go for it.

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has seen this bag in person?

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Alexand...ctAds&ci_sku=prod162440191skuBLACK&ci_gpa=pla

I am looking for a timeless black bag, durable, the size seem perfect for me and I love the pebbled leather! Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. I also love the gold Skull!

You might get more answers in the Alexander McQueen bag thread http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/alexander-mcqueen-bag-thread-59502-80.html.

I've owned a few De-Mantas but never the padlock tote so I can't help you there. There are other ladies who have in that thread, though. :smile:

I think it's a very classic looking bag, in a way not too different from many other companies at various price-points. I like the skull but not the writing/logo, although I expect that's what many people will buy the bag for, for me the skull says 'McQueen' anyway

I loved the bag in coral - while looking at it online. However, checking it live at Saks disappointed me more than I was hoping for. The edges of the bag are rough, the leather of the strap is unsatisfactory and overall the bag seemed cheaper, when I held it in hands.
Maybe it's only the case with the coral bag - I didn't see the black one. But I'd strongly recommend to check the bag out before ordering online. I'm a big fan of McQueen myself, but this baby just doesn't feel McQueenish to me :smile:

I think it's a very classic looking bag, in a way not too different from many other companies at various price-points. I like the skull but not the writing/logo, although I expect that's what many people will buy the bag for, for me the skull says 'McQueen' anyway

I loved the bag in coral - while looking at it online. However, checking it live at Saks disappointed me more than I was hoping for. The edges of the bag are rough, the leather of the strap is unsatisfactory and overall the bag seemed cheaper, when I held it in hands.
Maybe it's only the case with the coral bag - I didn't see the black one. But I'd strongly recommend to check the bag out before ordering online. I'm a big fan of McQueen myself, but this baby just doesn't feel McQueenish to me :smile:
Love this bag...good size, love the skull, classic yet funky!
But I agree with Paper and Oleandered...the skull should speak for itself and maybe see it IRL. The black may be more "finished" looking but you never know.