Opinions on thie lvoe LV situation please!

ViCharm

Jan 3, 2012
Fairfax, Va
So, because my parents paid my first year of schooling....... This semester I decided to be independent and have done financial aide... I have used it for all of my schooling needs(campus is close so I live at home.. Plus I'm too close, weird I know, with family.. Not leaving til I get a better job and am married lol) and have access being given to me possibly.. Now, I can already purchase another Vuitton creation as it is now(small SLG types).. Without aide... But when my bank is mixed in with access aide should I feel guilty about spending it on myself? :graucho: that's the hard question....also, best big totes/handheld(besides NF and speedy) ideas and cross bodies that you ladies have success using.. Please give me a few ideas of next bag! :biggrin:

UPandUP

Apr 27, 2011
Texas, USA
As someone who spent quite a bit of my undergraduate FinAid on clothes, shoes, and bags, I would advise against it! There was a period of time after undergrad when I had crap jobs or was looking for my next crap job, and I soooo wished I had saved my extra Financial Aid money to give me more of a cushion during those times. That being said, if you really have to ge yourself something, maybe something small and pre loved would do the trick? Or you could buy up $50-75 LV gift cards from time to time, and when you graduate buy yourself something with them. You have the rest of your life to buy LVs, if you feel the smallest amount of guilt now, don't do it. That's just my humble opinion. Good luck!

Jul 15, 2012
New Jersey
As someone who spent quite a bit of my undergraduate FinAid on clothes, shoes, and bags, I would advise against it! There was a period of time after undergrad when I had crap jobs or was looking for my next crap job, and I soooo wished I had saved my extra Financial Aid money to give me more of a cushion during those times. That being said, if you really have to ge yourself something, maybe something small and pre loved would do the trick? Or you could buy up $50-75 LV gift cards from time to time, and when you graduate buy yourself something with them. You have the rest of your life to buy LVs, if you feel the smallest amount of guilt now, don't do it. That's just my humble opinion. Good luck!
+1. I just finished grad school, and i have a job, but the extra financial aid refunds that i saved r really putting my mind at ease while i build up my savings again! Just put it in savings and hold off, imo