Opinions on the Pigalle 100mm vs. the Pigalle Plato 120mm

pearyfooa

Amina.B
O.G.
Oct 9, 2011
I'm having a bit of a conundrum deciding whether or not to keep my Pigalle 100s in patent leather or to wait for Pigalle Plato 120s. I've searched through several posts on here regarding my question but am still indecisive. I received a call from Nordstrom on Monday regarding the Pigalle 100mm as I have been on their waiting list for any style of the Pigalle. I was over the moon as the pigalle is my favorite style louboutin has to offer. I tried a 36.5 at the store and it fit perfectly, I was worried I wouldn't be this size as my first pair are a 36.5 but I read on here how the pigalles sizing is different. Remarkably the shoes were very easy to walk in. But as I was checking out with them the SA tells me that they will be receiving the pigalle Plato 120 next season (winter). And those are the ultimate Pigalle in my opinion as it has 20mm platform which pretty much feels as though you're walking in 100mm heels but it has the extra 'oomph' the Pigalle 120s posses but the Pigalle 100 doesn't (I read on a post here that the 100 is an office shoe) As I've read on the forum regarding my question, the 120 pigalles are one of the most coveted pairs but very hard to walk in for those who aren't in heels 24/7. So I thought 100s was a safe bet and practical for any occasion, these are second pair I picked up as my early 19th bday gift to myself and these will become my 'work horse' shoe that I could dress up or down and would not regret buying . But the 120mm Pigalle Plato (which I've never tried on) is said to be as comfortable a 100mm. Right now I'm stuck thinking over the pros and cons of each style. In one hand the the 100mm is easy to walk in but doesn't have that extra 'oomph' :graucho: the 120mm posses, but is much more daintier looking than the plato. But the plato 120mm looks stunning from the back and the extra height and platform is a plus. I would love to have the input from those who have or have worn both. Also if anyone could please post an image of a side by side comparison of the back side of pigalle plato 120mm and pigalle 100mm worn in person (not a stock image). The first two images are mine but the last image is not and is the pigalle plato 120mm. So my question is should I keep the Pigalle 100mm (not wear them out) or wait two months for Nordstrom to get the the Pigalle Plato 120mm?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 9.20.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 9.20.31 PM.png
    475.5 KB · Views: 3,642
  • Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 9.21.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 9.21.11 PM.png
    535.3 KB · Views: 3,883
  • IMG_1317masculine.jpg
    IMG_1317masculine.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 3,772
  • Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 10.22.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 10.22.54 PM.png
    277 KB · Views: 6,545
Last edited:
I'm going to be the few here that's going to reject anything of the Pigalle 100 pitch, so this would include Pigalle 100 and Pigalle Plato 120.

Comfort - 120 is slightly better as it has a platform, but overall, I think it's a terrible design - front, back, heel, width, everything just does not work with my feet.

Ease of walking - I prefer the 120.

My recommendation would be to go for Pigalle 120 or Pigalle Plato 140 - my feet prefer the higher 120 pitch in general. And both are extremely comfortable for me. And yes, I owned all 4 types of these shoes.

Btw, the stock picture that you have up there is actually Pigalle Plato 140, not 120.

Pigalle_comparison.jpg

Last edited:
i love the pigalle 100's vs. the plato. the added platform to me makes the shoe look a bit heavier and not as delicate.

the 100's are easy for me to stand and walk in for hours. anything higher i just cant do it for too long so I only wear them to outings like weddings, dinners, house parties etc. where i know i won't be on my feet for hours.

Maybe you can keep your 100's to wear often and then get the plato in another color when it comes out to wear at fancier places than just work.

I think you just need to try them both on. I thought I'd love the Pigalle Plato because of the extra height, but the added platform made my feet look clunky. The Pigalle 100's look so much better on me - really streamlined and sleek. By far a sexier style on me then the Pigalle Plato. Good luck!

I'm going to be the few here that's going to reject anything of the Pigalle 100 pitch, so this would include Pigalle 100 and Pigalle Plato 120.

Comfort - 120 is slightly better as it has a platform, but overall, I think it's a terrible design - front, back, heel, width, everything just does not work with my feet.

Ease of walking - I prefer the 120.

My recommendation would be to go for Pigalle 120 or Pigalle Plato 140 - my feet prefer the higher 120 pitch in general. And both are extremely comfortable for me. And yes, I owned all 4 types of these shoes.

Btw, the stock picture that you have up there is actually Pigalle Plato 140, not 120.

View attachment 2391621

While I do agree that the Pigalle 120mm is the most beautiful, I can't walk in them due to the high arch. What attracts me to the plato version is back of the shoe which looks much nicer than the 100mm. True the PP120 does look 'clunky'. I really appreciate the picture of the varieties of the Pigalle:smile: Thanks! I love how the extra 20mm of the PP120 vs. Pigalle 100mm back looks much nicer from the back. I wish I could walk in the 120mm with no platform. If I could I would absolutely choose the no platform pigalle 120 but since I'm looking for a pair that I can walk in for lengthy amount of time and not be in that much pain the 100mm or PP120 is a no brainer.

I think you just need to try them both on. I thought I'd love the Pigalle Plato because of the extra height, but the added platform made my feet look clunky. The Pigalle 100's look so much better on me - really streamlined and sleek. By far a sexier style on me then the Pigalle Plato. Good luck!

That's exactly my dilemma! I really love how the back of the PP120 looks from the behind but it does look clunky in front. True, the Pigalle 100/120mm looks very sleek and beautiful vs. plato. I really think I just have to wait until I can try on both! Thanks for you input :biggrin:

I actually prefer the 100s for work. I think they look sleeker than the 120 Platos. Like some of you mentioned, the platform on the Platos gives it a chunky look that makes me want to steer towards the normal pigalle 100s. In terms of confort, I actually find the 120PP and the 100P not much different to walk in.