Opinions on the Epi Leather Line?

countryjog

Oct 6, 2008
Do you personally like the epi leather in the small LV accessories? My mom has several epi pieces...a checkbook, coin purse, wallet...I wasn't too fond of it at first but I think that now I like the texture and that it just isn't a smooth leather, it is different. My mom loves it though, she has had it since it came out.

I like the sturdiness of it on their purses. I love that it's waterproof and feels indestructable.

I only own one small accessory (a mandarin compact wallet). As much as I love the color, I found spots where it's worn down and peeling. I haven't had this happen with my vernis wallets which I always thought were more delicate.

I love them in both accessories and bags. I don't own anything in this line yet, but I did see them from afar. It looks lovely and waterproof. But after reading lehua's post, I begin to worry about its sturdiness on Slgs, I have a bad feeling the 4-key holder I plan on buying will wear out in time.

I really like the epi line; I have a two pieces in it (black speedy 25 which I got in 2002 - it still looks brand new - and a pochette wallet in cassis which I purchased a few months ago). I like the fact it is leather, durable and it is low key. I also do like the texture as it's subtle and it seems to suit the colour offerings well.

I was never a fan of the Epi line until a few months ago. I was trying to decide on a wallet and fell in love with the Epi zippy coin in cassis! Since then I've added a pochette and Madeleine PM to my collection!