Opinions on the Doc PM or BB

spottedfashion.com

Presenting the Louis Vuitton Doc BB Bag. The Doc Speedy Bag is part of Louis Vuitton Fall/Winter 2014 Collection. This updated version of the iconic Speedy Bag, features a single handle which includes a detachable shoulder strap. The bag’s handle and trimmings are made of Louis Vuitton’s signature Vachetta leather.
It comes in different materials including Epi leather, Crocodile and the newest style Malletage (also available in Alma). The Losange print is a diamond pattern inspired by the quilting inside the Louis Vuitton vintage steamer trunks. It has also appeared in a limited zippered handled version (see below) in a dark leather. The Dover Street Market is currently carrying this collection and is also available for directly from Louis Vuitton.

Style Price Size

Louis Vuitton Doc BB PM Malletage Bag $3,950.00 (USD) 8.6″ x 7″ x 4.3″
Louis Vuitton Epi Doc BB Bag $2,580.00 (USD) 8.6″ x 7″ x 4.3″
Louis Vuitton Epi Doc PM Bag $2,960.00 (USD) 11.4″ x 9.4″ x 5.1″
Louis Vuitton Crocodile Doc PM Bag $47,600.00 (USD) 11.4″ x 9.4″ x 5.1″

Screen Shot 2014-08-22 at 00.54.51.png Louis-Vuitton-Doc-BB-Epi-Speedy-Bag-Fall-2014-on-Display-600x600.jpg

Louis-Vuitton-Beige-Epi-Doc-BB-Bag-300x450.jpg

Louis-Vuitton-Black-Epi-Doc-BB-Bag-300x450.jpg

Louis-Vuitton-Red-Epi-Doc-BB-Bag-e1404814302622-300x293.jpg

Louis-Vuitton-Sky-Blue-Doc-Bag-300x309.jpg

Louis-Vuitton-Black-Losange-Doc-BB-Bag-300x450.jpg

download-1-e1408542205970-300x247.png

Louis-Vuitton-Red-Crocodile-Doc-BB-Bag-300x292.jpg

Louis-Vuitton-Brown-Doc-BB-Bag-300x291.jpg

I have the Doc BB in Colquelicot and I've been carrying it everywhere. Crazy about it!

Yes, IMO, it definitely can be used as an every day bag.

With regard to the one handle, on the BB, it works fine. It looks good, it carries well in the hand or on the arm, looks fine with the strap. I have no problems with it. In fact, I love the uniqueness of the one handle.

That said, I'm not crazy about it on the PM. To my eye, because the one handle is placed behind the zipper, on the Epi bags it makes looking at a large plain space. On the Losange Docs there is a pattern to catch the eye, so looks better. I also think the PM would look better with the traditional two handles.

Needless to say, that is simply my opinion, fwiw. I'm sure many other tPFer's would not agree. That's why they make so many different bags!!!

.....and I seem to want most of them...my wallet is running away in fear...

Reactions: lemondln
It's beautiful! It reminds me of the old Speedy Epi. But wow the price tag, these days! Compared to a preloved Epi Speedy around $500 vs. $3000 ish. I know they are not the same bag, but similar in size and material, Vintage is fitting my budget more so. I am seeing that am pretty much done with my collection (around 40 pieces or so) I'm so glad, now I can just enjoy my bags and not feel like I have to add more pieces to my collection.