Opinions on Sweet Alhambra diamond studs

I agree. The sweet pave looks underwhelming. I’d go with one of the stones if it specifically has to be the sweet size. Some color might add some presence.

In the sweet line I have the onyx and the wg Frivole. The Frivole has more presence. Have you tried on the sweet pave Frivole? What about the open pave lotus?

I’d really give the vintage size a try. May I ask why it doesn’t fit your lifestyle? Some might think they’re slightly big but once you start to wear them the size feels normal.

The only vintage size I have is the pave. I want to get another pair in a stone but am considering the magic size.

Reactions: Phoenix123
I agree. The sweet pave looks underwhelming. I’d go with one of the stones if it specifically has to be the sweet size. Some color might add some presence.

In the sweet line I have the onyx and the wg Frivole. The Frivole has more presence. Have you tried on the sweet pave Frivole? What about the open pave lotus?

I’d really give the vintage size a try. May I ask why it doesn’t fit your lifestyle? Some might think they’re slightly big but once you start to wear them the size feels normal.

The only vintage size I have is the pave. I want to get another pair in a stone but am considering the magic size.
It’s overkill for work. It catches a ton of attention cause I always wear my hair back. People are very casual and understated. I already wear a 3 carat ering, that isn’t always in sight because its on my hand. But when I’m interacting with people they cannot help but see my face. It’s just not appropriate. Also, I’m honestly not a huge fan of heavy things on my ears. And I am actually quite paranoid about heavy things stretching my piercings. I keep checking to see if my lobes are stretching. I find even these studs a bit heavier than my diamond studs. And I am very sensitive to pain. I don’t have much tolerance for a clip, which I used to wear when I was younger. Even though I know VCA can make it less tight I am a big wuss. If I had the vintage studs I would wear only on special Occasions. And it would bug me to spend that much money on something I might wear once a month. (If I was retired I could see myself wearing it a lot more.). I like to put all my bling on regular rotation. Maybe I will try the pave mini frivole studs. I’ve tried them on before and they felt a bit heavier than what I’m used to.

It’s overkill for work. It catches a ton of attention cause I always wear my hair back. People are very casual and understated. I already wear a 3 carat ering, that isn’t always in sight because its on my hand. But when I’m interacting with people they cannot help but see my face. It’s just not appropriate. Also, I’m honestly not a huge fan of heavy things on my ears. And I am actually quite paranoid about heavy things stretching my piercings. I keep checking to see if my lobes are stretching. I find even these studs a bit heavier than my diamond studs. And I am very sensitive to pain. I don’t have much tolerance for a clip, which I used to wear when I was younger. Even though I know VCA can make it less tight I am a big wuss. If I had the vintage studs I would wear only on special Occasions. And it would bug me to spend that much money on something I might wear once a month. (If I was retired I could see myself wearing it a lot more.). I like to put all my bling on regular rotation. Maybe I will try the pave mini frivole studs. I’ve tried them on before and they felt a bit heavier than what I’m used to.

I posted elsewhere before, but can you try on the Pure Alhambra studs?
https://www.vancleefarpels.com/eu/e...re-alhambra/vcara38200-alhambra-earstuds.html

These are extremely light and come with the La Pousette backs (no clips) and they're a great alternative to the Sweets (which I am afraid I also find underwhelming) and the Vintage size (if you find these too blingy).

Reactions: EpiFanatic
Reactions: Phoenix123
I had the pave sweets and sold them since as I got older I found them too small. I now prefer the vintage size. I would not wear vintage pave earrings on a daily basis, but find the MOP or all gold perfect for work. I also don’t like anything heavy on my ears, but find the vintage size comfortable. I have worn vintage size earrings daily for about a year and they have not stretched my piercings. I now regret having bought the sweets and should just have gotten the vintage size right away. This is coming from someone who used to think the vintage size was too flashy, but I changed my mind as they really look better on me now that I’m in my early 40s. For something light and casual you could try the vintage MOP in white gold.

I had the pave sweets and sold them since as I got older I found them too small. I now prefer the vintage size. I would not wear vintage pave earrings on a daily basis, but find the MOP or all gold perfect for work. I also don’t like anything heavy on my ears, but find the vintage size comfortable. I have worn vintage size earrings daily for about a year and they have not stretched my piercings. I now regret having bought the sweets and should just have gotten the vintage size right away. This is coming from someone who used to think the vintage size was too flashy, but I changed my mind as they really look better on me now that I’m in my early 40s. For something light and casual you could try the vintage MOP in white gold.
Thank you for your thoughts. I have tried to love the vintage size MOP but something about the flatness of the MOP has held me back. I think I am accustomed to wearing diamonds in my ears. I may try the vintage solid gold. I really love dainty studs and I always remember my grandma wearing the really cute studs in her ears so these sweets remind me of her.

@EpiFantastic I love your sweet Alhambra diamond studs and think they suits you perfectly! Also it seems as if they match what you want; not too heavy, something you could wear on a daily basis and not too big! I have been thinking of these myself (but I am also thinking of the Tiffany Victoria earrings - I cannot decide which ones I like better).

Reactions: EpiFanatic
I wear mine almost daily. I had to order them before seeing them because they weren’t available at my local store. To be honest, I was pretty underwhelmed when they arrived. I thought they would be a bit move glitzy and sparkly. Anyway fast forward two years they are by far my most worn earrings. I also have the white mother of pearl vintage sizes ones and save those for special occasions now. I love how discrete these are.

Attachments

• B59B3AE1-1B19-4EC0-95D4-921D1F6A2B4D.jpeg
    B59B3AE1-1B19-4EC0-95D4-921D1F6A2B4D.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 768
I wear mine almost daily. I had to order them before seeing them because they weren’t available at my local store. To be honest, I was pretty underwhelmed when they arrived. I thought they would be a bit move glitzy and sparkly. Anyway fast forward two years they are by far my most worn earrings. I also have the white mother of pearl vintage sizes ones and save those for special occasions now. I love how discrete these are.
Very pretty on you!

Thank you for sharing the pic @MarieNYC. They are just so beautiful on you. They look like little bits of perfect candy. I can certainly see why you find them so easy to wear and that they are your most worn earrings. I forget they’re on, which is good and bad. There is one very weird thing that I absolutely love about the pair I have. I wonder if yours has it too. The post has two notches, and the notch that makes the earring tighter is perfect for the thickness of my ears. The studs fit my ears perfectly. The mini pave frivoles only have one notch and I am concerned that the backings won’t stay as tightly pushed against my ear on the mini frivoles as they are on the sweet Alhambra studs.
So I guess no regrets for you?

I totally agree with this. As I get older I am looking for a bit more substance and the Sweet size were just a bit too small for me, as far as earrings go. I love wearing diamond studs, so I thought they would be a nice way to switch up my go-to pairs. If I get another pair of Alhambra earrings, they will have to be Vintage size.

I love Sweets for bracelets, but that’s because I can stack them.

Two other ideas to consider: the Pure/Modern Alhambra diamond studs (would probably have to be ordered) or the new round Perlee ones. A bit more sparkle than Sweets but not as large as Vintage.