Opinions on size of the 'First'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2012
I am currently on the look out for a pre-loved bag, my first ever designer bag, and quite possibly my last so I need to get it right !
I love the First and the City but some opinions on sizing of the First would be amazingly helpful.
For everyday I would like to carry around in my bag: my wallet, small make up purse, sunglasses, keys, phone . . .as a bare minimum. Would the beautiful 'First' accommodate all of these items comfortably ?

Thanks, as ever :smile:

I think you would be better served by a City. The First is surprisingly commodious for a bag it's size, but it won't accommodate as much as a City. (BTW, they are both great bags,)

I love the First for its shape and its femininity. I really prefer its lines to all the other bags. My second favorite is the City. If you have a large sunglass case, plus everything else you need, then the First is a tight fit. Whereas, I can carry everything you list plus throw a bottled water and book into my City and it doesn't look stuffed. So the City is a far easier bag to use. Pretty much I use a City or Twiggy for everyday and bring out the Firsts for occasions when I know I don't need to carry those extras. If I were only to have one Bal though, it would be either a City or a Twiggy due to how much they can hold.

I love the First for its shape and its femininity. I really prefer its lines to all the other bags. My second favorite is the City. If you have a large sunglass case, plus everything else you need, then the First is a tight fit. Whereas, I can carry everything you list plus throw a bottled water and book into my City and it doesn't look stuffed. So the City is a far easier bag to use. Pretty much I use a City or Twiggy for everyday and bring out the Firsts for occasions when I know I don't need to carry those extras. If I were only to have one Bal though, it would be either a City or a Twiggy due to how much they can hold.
Very informative, thank you :smile: X

I'm getting my first First (LOL) very soon (probably later). It is a smaller bag than the City, I like the shape as well. I like both the City and the First, and I agree with your decision to probably hunt down a City given the bigger size, and it seems to be the classic Bal bag. I own a City in Mauve and I love it! It fits quite a lot, it will fit what you listed, plus some. The only con to the City is that you cannot wear it cross-body. If you want a cross-body bag, other options for you to consider would be the Velo or the Town. If you don't care much about whether or not it can be worn cross-body though, then City is a great choice. :biggrin:

I am currently on the look out for a pre-loved bag, my first ever designer bag, and quite possibly my last so I need to get it right !
I love the First and the City but some opinions on sizing of the First would be amazingly helpful.
For everyday I would like to carry around in my bag: my wallet, small make up purse, sunglasses, keys, phone . . .as a bare minimum. Would the beautiful 'First' accommodate all of these items comfortably ? Thanks, as ever :smile:

My very first Bal was a Rose Thulian First. Love the color but it doesn't fit much. I immediately regretted not buying a City so within months, I splurged on a City. I use my First bag mostly for parties and in the summer for when I don't have to carry gloves, ear muffs and all that other cold weather stuff (which the City can easily accommodate).

I tried fitting my items into a First but could not. I like the drapey sag of the City. My items include:
small Coach makeup case, medium size Coach wallet, keys, cell phone, a small case for mints/gum, tissues, and sometimes a medication bottle or other miscellaneous item.

I just gotten my first preloved First and I love it. I cannot fit as many things as I would love to carry inside but it gives me a chance to clear out my bag.

I could fit easily my Kindle, four pouches of various sizes, 2 phones and also a Fiji bottle with its top sticking a little out.

It's so light as compared to the other bags I usually carry but I get to bring a lil more stuff than say my RM Mini MAC or Hudson Moto Mini.

I love the Twiggy. It's shorter than the City, but a little wider. Even with the Twiggy more than half filled, it looks drapey and almost empty. I can easily stuff in a long wallet, coin pouch, key pouch, a very full make-up pouch, two diaries, a pencil case, a cardigan… I also put my rather large mobile phone in the zippered pocket in the front. When necessary, the Twiggy can accommodate my iPad Air and a thickish novel as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.