Opinions on Poppy Leather please

GoStanford

O.G.
Jun 28, 2012
View attachment 1833277

Seriously needed some retail therapy today. Poppy Leather Glam Tote in Silver/Sunflower

I want your opinions on Poppy Leather. This bag is out of my comfort zone b/c of the light color of leather. I think I will have to be very careful with it. Also I am not sure if I want the aged natural look over time (the leather haha). But the color is so warm and sunny.

Also price wise - it was marked to 223 at Macy's and the SA said I could use a Macy's coupon since it was clearance (um pretty hefty tag for clearance but 25% is considered clearance). So final price before tax was 174. I am not near outlets so I can't guarantee I would locate one otherwise. They had two sunflower left today and last week both Poppy pink leather totes sold.

I kept making trips across the mall to look at these for the last few weeks so I think I want to keep it.

Advice?

I love the sunflower. And with the extra 25% off I think that's a pretty good deal. I don't have an outlet close by either so I rely on Macy's clearance to get some deals. Since you asked about the leather, I just posted a thread earlier tonight about an issue I'm having with my Tangerine Poppy hobo, which is similar leather to the sunflower. I'm getting some peeling/chipping and there are actually a couple of small holes in the bag. It's only in a few spots and the rest of the bag is great. It's just one of those things where it could worsen over time. I'm going to call my store tomorrow. Hopefully it's just a fluke and they can replace it. It is definitely worth it to me to try. I really love this leather.

I love the sunflower. And with the extra 25% off I think that's a pretty good deal. I don't have an outlet close by either so I rely on Macy's clearance to get some deals. Since you asked about the leather, I just posted a thread earlier tonight about an issue I'm having with my Tangerine Poppy hobo, which is similar leather to the sunflower. I'm getting some peeling/chipping and there are actually a couple of small holes in the bag. It's only in a few spots and the rest of the bag is great. It's just one of those things where it could worsen over time. I'm going to call my store tomorrow. Hopefully it's just a fluke and they can replace it. It is definitely worth it to me to try. I really love this leather.

I saw your posts - sorry to hear about the chipping/holes in the bag! I've been browsing through other TPF posts on Poppy Leather Totes (the same as Glam Totes, I think?). Multiple others have mentioned the scratches as part of the distressed look, but I agree with you (and others have posted similarly) that the peeling/chipping/holes should not happen. Many others commented in different threads that you could take the bag back for an exchange, but if this happens to me with this bag, I am not sure if I'd be limited to exchanging it at Macy's for something else or if I could work with Coach directly. I agree with you that the price at Macy's seems pretty favorable given the convenient location and that they had the product I wanted.

So maybe the question to the group is...how do you handle exchanges and how hard do you have to push in cases of quality issues?