Opinions on Polo Ralph Lauren?

I’m no expert, so you can’t go by what I say but I have always had a soft spot in my heart for Ralph Lauren designs. I have always admired the clean simple lines going back as far as the 1970’s. ( haha I’m dating myself here). It may be considered “mass market” and some may look down on it because of that but frankly so are most of the handbags discussed here. I still have one RL bucket bag that I use regularly & love. I feel the vibe and the quality is a little above the Coach bags that I have in my current rotation. Others may disagree with me.
…& then there’s the “Ricky” Bag if high end is your jam.

Last edited:
Not sure about current RL garments. However my older pieces going back well over twenty years are still in great shape despite lots of wear.

RL has a number of price ranges, I’d try to get the higher end items if you can.

He does somewhat similar styles in various price ranges.

Used to be able to pick a lot of his his stuff up at outlet malls if you do not take a popular size.

Reactions: A bottle of Red
I like that the Ralph Lauren company has so many different brands that appeal to different styles and budgets. Most of my RL items come from the Lauren brand, but I find myself drawn to different items throughout their brand profiles. Though, I am also averse to some items throughout their different brands haha.

I think their higher-end brands like Ralph Lauren Collection or Purple Label are generally considered on the "designer"-y side of things and not sure I would consider Polo or Lauren or any of the sport/performance labels "designer"...maybe more like a "brand"/"branded"? Maybe it's all relative or a matter of perspective - I'm sure I have friends or family who would consider any of the RL brands "designer" in that it has strong branding.

Last edited:
I love Polo! Very classic and high quality clothing. It’s not designer in the sense the RL higher end brands are, but it’s definitely above most clothing. Lauren is the lowest brand. Polo clothing is really nice.

Reactions: sparklebunny