Opinions on Olive Brown 2006 city?

babybumpkins

Apr 3, 2008
Any owners of olive brown- I am very much debating purchasing a RH city 2006 . However, I haven't seen much posted about this color except for the 03 olive brown.

Do you love the color/leather - does it go with lots ??? Thanks for sharing!!!!:yahoo:

I used to have a city in this color and the best way to describe the color was that it reminded me of a Hershey milk chocolate bar. It was a milky dusky brown if that makes sense as opposed to a rich darker chocolate like the 05. It does go with practically everything and is a nice neutral. It also ages very nicely and that's why I got it was for its very vintagey leather look. Hope that helps a little. PS -I never really saw the olive in it though as mine was very brown with no olive.

I have an '03 Olive Brown, which is more olive than brown. Along with Tempete, I'd say the 03 Olive Brown is definitely one of most versatile bags I own - really happy with it.

So, I'd imagine that the '06 Olive Brown - being more brown than olive, would be extremely versatile, unless you happen to wear clothing in a particular shade of taupe that does not go so well with it.

Having said that, I tend to wear whatever bag I feel like that day - I truly don't mind if something clashes.

If you love the leather of the bag and the colour, then you'll enjoy wearing it with just about anything, is my guess.

Thanks ladies! I went ahead and purchased it last night (very excited / nervous to see it in person) my first city - finally! I realy wanted a good basic color I could wear for a very long time and that gets better with age....but I already had a black twiggy so I opted to try something brown. she is in mint condition & the leather looks very yummy in pics - so fingers crossed!

Last edited by a moderator:
oh and benr you are right - seller said it was really mostly brown just a hint of olive ...
hopefully I won't be dissapointed by the lack of "richness" to the brown ....I do love the chocolates I have seen posted, but thanks for " hershey milk chocolate" description too! Sounds lovely!