Opinions on MZ Wallace Bags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Miss Athena- my vote is for the pebble Bedford. I have the pebble Bedford Jane and I think it's the perfect all-season neutral and it has silver HW. I've seen the tin color IRL and i think that it's better suited for spring/summer. Hope this helps! Good luck.
Thank you, that does help! I appreciate hearing from someone who's seen them both and LOVES one of them! Would you describe the pebble as a rich gray, Minne Bags? (I'd be sad for it to be a washed out gray, if that makes any sense.) I had a High*Way bag that was the PERFECT gray . . . but unfortunately didn't fit all my stuff! Looking for a replacement after selling it on eBay.

MissAthena said:
Thank you, that does help! I appreciate hearing from someone who's seen them both and LOVES one of them! Would you describe the pebble as a rich gray, Minne Bags? (I'd be sad for it to be a washed out gray, if that makes any sense.) I had a High*Way bag that was the PERFECT gray . . . but unfortunately didn't fit all my stuff! Looking for a replacement after selling it on eBay.

Hi. The pebble bedford is a purple-y color with a dark wine detail on the straps. If you're looking for gray, you need the steel Bedford. I bought the steel Bedford Mia during the MZW sale because I wanted a gray, but honestly the steel Bedford seems a bit drab when compared to my pebble Bedford as a neutral.

Hi. The pebble bedford is a purple-y color with a dark wine detail on the straps. If you're looking for gray, you need the steel Bedford. I bought the steel Bedford Mia during the MZW sale because I wanted a gray, but honestly the steel Bedford seems a bit drab when compared to my pebble Bedford as a neutral.

That's funny -- I wanted the steel Mia but missed it; am now thinking about an Alice. Is it kind of a brown-purple, or a purple-y gray? Thanks for your help!

MissAthena said:
That's funny -- I wanted the steel Mia but missed it; am now thinking about an Alice. Is it kind of a brown-purple, or a purple-y gray? Thanks for your help!

Hmm, I think it's more of a brown-purple. But strangely enough it looks good with everything. I wear a lot of gray and black and the pebble looks great. And when I wear tans and chocolate browns, it looks great.

I've tried to capture the color when compared to my longchamp planetes totes (black and hazelnut). Sorry for the poor quality phone pics.

image-488481493.jpg

Thanks! Does anyone know the tin color? I like that it has the silver leather -- kind of edgy! -- but am worried that it looks too light/like a "spring" color. I'd ideally like it to be a very neutral, mid gray . . . any thoughts?

I had a Kate in Tin for ages. Wore beautifully. Only gave it away because I now have a black and pebble Kate. The color is very neutral but with a bit of life because of the metallic. I carried it for over a year and had compliments on it year round, so I don't think it's only a spring bag.

I also have a black Alice. LOVE IT!! Very comfortable to carry. Holds more than you'd think but still looks compact. Great bag!

In terms of grays, there is the tin with silver -- which I really like, currently available on eBay -- and there's the Pebble Bedford on the MZW sale page right now. Does anyone have opinions about which color might be better? I want something that's four-season, easy, and neutral. I'm drawn to the silver straps on the tin -- that's a fun detail -- but have never seen either it or the Pebble IRL, so would super appreciate advice. Thanks!

The only thing that I would note is that the Pebble Bedford has a bit of a purple undertone. Compared to the Steel Bedford it really shows. I'll have to figure out how to upload some photos because I have my Kates: Steel, Black, and Pebble all together in a photo to compare them.

The only thing that I would note is that the Pebble Bedford has a bit of a purple undertone. Compared to the Steel Bedford it really shows. I'll have to figure out how to upload some photos because I have my Kates: Steel, Black, and Pebble all together in a photo to compare them.

Smoores, I would really appreciate it if you did that! I'm eager to see them all together. I'm having a lot of difficulty choosing a color. Minne's pebble bag looks awfully pretty, but it does look very fall/winter to me . . . but overall, I think I might like that color better than the tin. But (but!) I love the silver straps -- that's the kind of detail that can make a bag for me. So I'm having trouble picking! Any advice is super helpful.

Hmm, I think it's more of a brown-purple. But strangely enough it looks good with everything. I wear a lot of gray and black and the pebble looks great. And when I wear tans and chocolate browns, it looks great.

I've tried to capture the color when compared to my longchamp planetes totes (black and hazelnut). Sorry for the poor quality phone pics.

View attachment 2013226

Thanks for posting this, Minne Bags. It looks like a very pretty color! But as I noted above: very fall-ish? I do think it would look very nice with my fall coat. And maybe it would be more practical than Tin as I have a small child and everything I touch gets dirty? Oh, I wish there was a darker gray that came with the silver leather handles. I really love that detail. (Loved those old kevlar wallets MZW used to make -- wish I'd snagged one!)

MissAthena said:
Thanks for posting this, Minne Bags. It looks like a very pretty color! But as I noted above: very fall-ish? I do think it would look very nice with my fall coat. And maybe it would be more practical than Tin as I have a small child and everything I touch gets dirty? Oh, I wish there was a darker gray that came with the silver leather handles. I really love that detail. (Loved those old kevlar wallets MZW used to make -- wish I'd snagged one!)

Sure thing. It was part of the fall/winter line, so you're right about it being fall-ish. But I carried mine all year. Then again, I carry black bags in the summer, so I guess it doesn't bother me as much. Plus, I have 2 young kids and I have no fear with my pebble Bedford. Lol.

Good luck with your decision! I'm sure you'll love whichever MZW you choose! :smile:

I have been searching for over a year to replace my Alexis Bittar steel-leather purse. It's large (with work & 2 small children I just can't get my stuff into anything remotely medium-sized) and has lots of outside zippers. I've used it for 3 years & the leather has held up very well; it's just that one of the metal rings has started to rust!

I've seen several MZ styles at Nordstroms, but thought the price was too high for something not leather. After finding this thread and seeing the sale on their website, I took the plunge and ordered the Belle in Steele. Love gray purses, so I'm excited about the color. And the shoulder straps plus cross-body is a huge bonus! I'm a little worried it will be too big, but the Baby Jane is definitely too small (styles in Steele were very limited). If it ends up being too big for an everyday purse, I'll use it as my work tote (I need a new one of those too) since I can't return it.

If there are other lines I should look at for everyday handbags with outside pockets (something with easy access for Kleenex, keys, mints, lollipops or small packets of pretzels for kids), please let me know. Can't wait to get my package!
WintersBlue - I have the Belle in Steel to and love it. I thought MZW was pricey too but not only is the quality incredible, the bags are so much lighter and wear better than leather. I don't look at any other bags anymore.

I almost bought a Tin Frankie the cancelled it b/c I also wanted a 4 season neutral. Got a Frankie in Latte Bedford and love it. Think I would have been disappointed with the Tin as was more of a summer color.

I received my Kit in Oxblood and although I still have to try it out, I have to say the color is gorgeous! :loveeyes: It is a deep wine color in real life. If anyone is considering a bag in oxblood I would highly recommend it.

WintersBlue - I have the Belle in Steel to and love it. I thought MZW was pricey too but not only is the quality incredible, the bags are so much lighter and wear better than leather. I don't look at any other bags anymore.

Thank you! I just opened my MZW package. Love the color & overall quality. It's big alright, but I can't do small. Once I clean out my purse, I'll have to decide if I can use it as a daily handbag or work tote (with all the stuffing, it looks great, but a little too big for an everyday purse). I need both, so it's a win either way! :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.