Opinions on my first Chanel purchase

I would go jumbo! I do agree with some other users when they say the Boy is now considered an unofficial classic, but I still don't feel that it's as timeless as the classic flap. But that's just my personal preference and opinion, you should get whichever you love more and will get more use out of. One thing though, this season's caviar boys is not the same caviar as the sturdy, shiny caviar that everyone is used to seeing on the classic flaps.. it's a softer, more matte/dull caviar. You can't really go wrong with either though, they're both beautiful bags and great choices for your first Chanel. Good luck with your decision! Please keep us updated =)

Hi there, I got my first Chanel last year, a M/L classic flap in black SHW.. I added the Jumbo in black GHW this year. Truly timeless purchase ( I hope, I have asked this question in another thread).

The boy is gorgeous, its stunning and definitely more young. If you are young and trendy I would say Boy as first bag, I can see its easier as a cross body as well. I went with the classic as it suits my lifestyle better. I also dress very conservatively so almost feel like the boy may lighten things up for me.... But not my choice for a first chanel.

Get whichever one you have been losing sleep over, daydreaming about, or googling images of since you saw it. That's the one you truly want. There will almost always be a newer, better, prettier version of either of them coming out. Only collect what you love.

Buy what makes your heart sing... And the bag that you will use a lot. IMHO though, new medium boy is to big. It might over power you. I bought old medium lambskin with rhw to at least sofen it up but still with edgy look. I have a jumbo caviar shw for casual classic look. And medium lambsin ghw for more formal look. Thought i would just stick with one chanel. But this addiction is one deep pit. 😂

Thank you to everyone for all of the input! This is so much harder than I thought it would be. I was hoping to be able to make a decision today but after looking at the new caviar Boy I am not 100% sure. On the other hand, I thought the lambskin Boy was really beautiful I just wasn't prepared to by lambskin. I am really disappointed because I am going home tomorrow and I don't have a boutique near me. I was so looking forward to this trip and treating myself to a new bag and my husband was totally supportive but I want to be 100% sure and love the bag. I will keep everyone posted. Still researching!